Thread: enfield nipple wrench

enfield nipple wrench

HI,

Been looking around and cannot find a nipple wrench large enough for the Enfield musketoon I have? I'm using the 'top hat style' caps and wondered if there was a specific size and where i can get hold of one? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by steviebee View Post
    HI,

Been looking around and cannot find a nipple wrench large enough for the Enfield musketoon I have? I'm using the 'top hat style' caps and wondered if there was a specific size and where i can get hold of one? Thanks.
    Peter Dyson has them.

Don't forget to order the bronze spacing washer at the same time in case you don't already have one installed, and always replace it when you renew the nipple. Put a teeny dab of 'Copperslip' on the threads before you tighten it up and that makes for an easy removal when necessary. I put a Treso, American-made, version of the nipple on mine about twenty years ago and it's still as good as new.

tac

Thanks for the advice, mine at present has,nt aspacing washer as I purchased it 2nd hand, I went round the trade fair at Bisley and could,nt pick up a correct size key and was going to try kranks

There are a couple of enfield combination tools on .

161708212220 and 171800270907

I am looking for a Martini Henry Tool if anyone has a spare please pm me.