Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: annoying friend +gun law

annoying friend +gun law

i got into an argument with a friend (the sort that likes to think he knows everything) over gun laws ie wot i can and cant do .

was wondering if there was a site that lists every gun law and maybe insurance details that i can print out to shut him up?

thanks

Have a bog at this. it might just help to win/lose the argument.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

This is a good place to start.

If you ask specific questions, someone more knowledgeable than I will soon answer.

Richard
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

What was the difference off opinion?

Let's all join in

Ray

clubshot Guest

Arrow

Not forgetting BASC Web Site

www.basc.org.uk

BOB/R

Catcher Guest
    http://www.met.police.uk/firearms-en...s/firearms.htm

Mick Wheeler from the Met used to post on here, don't know if he still looks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray J
    What was the difference off opinion?

Let's all join in

Ray
    stupid things

mainly how i couldent leave my house with my gun unless it was in a padlocked stainless steal box.

how i wouldent get insurance for guns as he says they are to dangerous.

that i wouldent stand a chance of an fac cos i am a drinker .drink 1 night in every 3 months .

and the 1 i found most funny is how rabbits are on the endangerd list and i would go to jail for shooting them..

normally i enjoy explaining gun laws to my mates but with him comeing out with rubbish like that i gave up .

Quote Originally Posted by new_shooter
    stupid things

mainly how i couldent leave my house with my gun unless it was in a padlocked stainless steal box.

that i wouldent stand a chance of an fac cos i am a drinker .drink 1 night in every 3 months .

and the 1 i found most funny is how rabbits are on the endangerd list and i would go to jail for shooting them..

normally i enjoy explaining gun laws to my mates but with him comeing out with rubbish like that i gave up .

tell him he's absolutely right and that he shouldnt tell anyone

Sporter Guest
    Gaz, thats cruel but boy oh boy would'nt it be funny watching him in a pub or similar explaining to his mates how one would goto jail for shooting rabbits. He he he

Quote Originally Posted by Sporter
    Gaz, thats cruel but boy oh boy would'nt it be funny watching him in a pub or similar explaining to his mates how one would goto jail for shooting rabbits. He he he

well if he is one of these know it all wally's that wont listen when new_shooter has tried to explain to him, why not have sonme fun with him?

chris ballard Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by new_shooter
    stupid things

Could I just correct your mate on one thing...perhaps he should be locked securely in a steel box

God...I hope he's not right about that....I have been breaking the law for years.

Just get him to look at the DEFRA site, re rabbits status and the pest control act...the magic word is pest. Thats P.E.S.T

Thats some mate you got, Is he a wind up merchant? I hope so for your sake

I always offer anti's (although your mate may not be an anti anyway, but its good for a laugh) a challenge. I suggets they protest by not consuming anything that has involved any form of pest control in its production...could be dead within days!...rules out food and drink (including water...most resevoirs have to control pests)...possibly even clothing

Have fun and thanks for the entertainment

Tell him you have become deeply concerned over what he's told you. Tell him you are considering sueing whoever sold you the rifle, Ask him to provide some authoritive reference material to help your case. Remind him often.

Catcher Guest
    Tell him the sky is falling

Dave. Guest
    Has he ever thought of becoming a copper ?