Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW45 Grips

HW45 Grips

Wouldn't it be nice if there was an option to buy the HW45 with the shaped Walnut Grips that come as standard on the HW75.

The Black Star comes close and looks nicely proportioned, but similar grips in Walnut would look superb on the standard HW45 frame

I have just had a look at the HW45 and HW75 and i agree the shaped grips would make the HW45 look classy.

Dave
    Good deals done with: Aimstraight, mulletman6, GwyneddATC, evo97k, Hotwired, Ryan hw99s & Clipper.
    Gun owned .177 FAS 6004 Target pistol.

Aye, but the Black/Silver star, and the HW75, have an abbreviated frame for the one-piece grip: http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...pse73f85f3.jpg

With the full-frame HW45, you'd want a pair of grips in a target or semi-target style. Advantage being, any 1911 grips should fit on there.

Wow, I understood the frames were different, but did not realise they were THAT different

I appreciate any 1911 grips will fit but it would always look top heavy. Seems they are missing an opportunity to fit shaped Walnut grips to a HW45....aka a 'Brown Star'

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Wow, I understood the frames were different, but did not realise they were THAT different

I appreciate any 1911 grips will fit but it would always look top heavy. Seems they are missing an opportunity to fit shaped Walnut grips to a HW45....aka a 'Brown Star'
    It's mad, ain't it...

One thing I'm still not sure of, is will the laminate 'star' grip fit the '75? And vice-versa... I reckon they will... probably.

Here's a '45 / '75 comparison pic: http://www.co2air.de/wbb2/attachment...chmentid=21819

So that might mean that a Walnut grip intended for a HW75 might fit the frame of a HW45 Black Star.

Not likely many would do it though; the wood grip is around £76 plus post from Chambers....ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    So that might mean that a Walnut grip intended for a HW75 might fit the frame of a HW45 Black Star.

Not likely many would do it though; the wood grip is around £76 plus post from Chamber....ouch.
    If you buy a black or siver star, we can try switching grips with my '75

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    If you buy a black or siver star, we can try switching grips with my '75
    Good idea...I'm halfway there already!

Hello Aimstraight

Are you thinking of getting an HW45 mate.

Dave
    Good deals done with: Aimstraight, mulletman6, GwyneddATC, evo97k, Hotwired, Ryan hw99s & Clipper.

If you dont already own one then go buy one asap. . . Best pistol ever

Quote Originally Posted by davethepitch View Post
    Hello Aimstraight

Are you thinking of getting an HW45 mate.

Dave
    Not at the moment, just thinking about possible options of the grips.

I like the 75 grips better than the black star ones . . . Im looking into making my own set.
    My 45 is standard one but the plain grips have made me want to buy a silver star now lol greed

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind666 View Post
    I like the 75 grips better than the black star ones . . . Im looking into making my own set.
    My 45 is standard one but the plain grips have made me want to buy a silver star now lol greed
    I had the Pachmayer Signature Series wrap-around rubber grip on my old '45. It was a huge improvement.

Nice add ons mate

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I had the Pachmayer Signature Series wrap-around rubber grip on my old '45. It was a huge improvement.
    What scope is that on your HW45.

Thanks Dave