Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW45 Grips

Quote Originally Posted by davethepitch View Post
    What scope is that on your HW45.

Thanks Dave
    Hi Dave,

That one is a 'Leapers' branded mini-mildot 6X40. Being a short eye relief rifle scope, it only worked with the carbine buttstock (that I had made from a broken Rapid 7 stock). And the offset mount was branded 'Guntuff', and just happened to fit the unusual 13mm dovetail on a '45.

The mini-mildots were also sometimes branded 'AGS' (and probably other brands too), and available IIRC in 4X32, 6X40, 3-9X40. With fixed PX @ 35 yards.

Later on, the same basic scope was offered in 6X32 with adjustable PX. I bought a few of those from JSR over the years, though they don't seem to be in stock any more.

Even later, the mini-mildot became the UTG Bug-Buster. 3-9X32 PA, IR, Lockable tactical turrets... It's a miniture Walt's dream scope!

I couldn't find one in the UK, so I had to get it sent from China

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    So that might mean that a Walnut grip intended for a HW75 might fit the frame of a HW45 Black Star.

Not likely many would do it though; the wood grip is around £76 plus post from Chambers....ouch.
    No, it will probably not fit without some re-work. If you look at 5:45 into this video, you will see the holes in the base of the Black Star grip (thus frame) are not the same as the HW75 which has just one central hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Aye, but the Black/Silver star, and the HW75, have an abbreviated frame for the one-piece grip: http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...pse73f85f3.jpg

With the full-frame HW45, you'd want a pair of grips in a target or semi-target style. Advantage being, any 1911 grips should fit on there.
    My very own thoughas. The standard HW 45 is a complete frame which I would fit Hague grips to.