Thread: Fas 604

Fas 604

As my son has decided cricket is more interesting than shooting, I want to get rid of an FAS 604. It is in pretty good nick, not imaculate,but reasonable. No dings or scratches. New seals fitted.
    Any idea of value or what would be a good price to look at selling it for?

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    As my son has decided cricket is more interesting than shooting, I want to get rid of an FAS 604. It is in pretty good nick, not imaculate,but reasonable. No dings or scratches. New seals fitted.
    Any idea of value or what would be a good price to look at selling it for?

These go for around the £220- £250 mark

You should have no trouble selling it as the are quite sought after - great Target pistols

Appinpar68

I've got a couple of these pistols, an early one with laminate grips and one of the last to be sold at Bisley. £220-250 would be OK for the older model but I'd be looking for offers close to £400 for the later, hardly used one.

Detailed pictures of your pistol would help.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi,

I would agree with the £200-£250 estimate for a nice FAS 604 in a private sale. The pistol has been re-issued recently as the FAS 6004 (USA made) which can be bought new for under £400. I have inspected the 6004 and in my opinion anyway, it's not as well made as the original 604. Iv'e owned one for 20 years or so, and have only just put it into retirement in favour or a new Feinwerkbau P11.

Good luck with the sale.

Regards

Brian

Is it the FAS 604 with a sporter grip or fixed palmshelf? Not the adjustable palmshelf (the AP604)?

They are all great pistols, and expect the price of either is similar, but certain types of grip may be more desirable than others.

Photos please

The slightly larger Mk 2 604 is a great target pistol that is very well thought of and can be identified quickly by having two fixing screws in the palm shelf - the older Mk 1 only has one fixing screw in the adjustable palm shelf and was also often seen with the less desirable non-adjustable grip.

Some Mk 2 FAS 604 pistols were also available with an optional laminated grip - I had the blonde one shown here and a blue one - and regret selling them both

http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?opt...lery&Itemid=43

All of the FAS 604 pistols are vastly superior to the new 6004 and remain eagerly sought after and could become one of the few target pistols whose price could start to raise as the continuing demand for them exceeds the supply.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    All of the FAS 604 pistols are vastly superior to the new 6004 and remain eagerly sought after and could become one of the few target pistols whose price could start to raise as the continuing demand for them exceeds the supply.
    Hence why I'd be looking for closer to £400 for a hardly used later model.

Cheers,

Mick