Thread: Benjamin 422

Benjamin 422

I know these pistols are notorious for their less than reliable operation, but I couldn't resist getting one anyway. The pistol is boxed with its original paperwork, pellets and an unused Co2 capsule, so it will nice to own even if it's not shot on a regular basis.

I would like to give it an occasional outing though, but am reluctant to use the original pellets and wondered if anyone could suggest a suitable alternative. Webley Vermin Pells work well in my Crosman 600, but this is a very different design. I have heard that Milbro Caledonian might work. but other suggestions would be welcome.

Regards

Brian

Benjamin HC pellets?
    They look a bit like RWS Superdomes from pics I have seen.
    Caledonians and Milbro TR go well in my older pistols as do Falcon Accuracy Plus.

Best bet is to compare the ones you have with a few makes.
    That's how I stumbled on TRs for my S&W 78G which was boxed with a tin of SW pellets.

I have a big selection of pellets!

Maybe if you put a pic of the HC pellets on here it would help or email me a pic for shape comparison.

Good luck with this rare pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Benjamin HC pellets?
    They look a bit like RWS Superdomes from pics I have seen.
    Caledonians and Milbro TR go well in my older pistols as do Falcon Accuracy Plus.

Best bet is to compare the ones you have with a few makes.
    That's how I stumbled on TRs for my S&W 78G which was boxed with a tin of SW pellets.

I have a big selection of pellets!

Maybe if you put a pic of the HC pellets on here it would help or email me a pic for shape comparison.

Good luck with this rare pistol.
    Hi,

Thanks for the response. I will try and PM you with a few pictures, although my camera doesn't have a macro facility, so close-ups don't always come out very well.

Regards

Brian

eye protection

I don't care for the 422 design, since you can get blasts of CO2 coming back into your face. No matter what, wear eye protection!
    There is a good reason that so many of these guns are found like-new in the box: They just don't work.

The later designs by Benjamin are a strange lot. Benjamin never had a design department. Instead, upper management took it upon themselves to do all of the engineering and designing; a founding tradition at Benjamin beginning in 1902. Which pretty well explains why models like the 422 came into being.