Thread: Gold Sierra

Gold Sierra

Dug this out of the back of the safe today. (Sorry, no pics.)

Northern Arms Company Gold Sierra HW77. Full length, 25mm cylinder (serial begins with 10). Venom-esque silencer, nickel (or chrome?) plated underlever, gold plated back block, nice walnut tyrolean stock with contrasting rosewood grip cap and fore-end. And ventilated pad. I guess the stock is probably by Custom Stocks of Sheffield, but it is unlike any CS stock I have seen or used.

Bought late 90s when you could pick up "custom" springers fairly cheap as owners went PCP. Last time I fired it a few years ago it was smooth, very accurate and felt like it had been fettled, but may just have been a good HW77. Have not yet taken it apart for fear if of marring the gold trigger block.

I believe from threads on here that NAC was run by a guy called Bob Presley and has since folded.

So, any ideas how many were made? Were they tuned or just a cosmetic job? And, not that I am selling, thoughts on value? It is in I think 99% condition.

Gold Sierra

Yep these where tunned If i remember right it was a custom job from Air masters , not many done as well . I will find out though .

It should be tuned ,from Doncaster.The Gold option was top of the range for tuning offered with a choice of stock styles.It should be engraved "Gold Sierra" on the action.

I was looking for info on the gold sierra
    This one is full length serial num starts 100 it has venom sticker on comp tube and comp tune which is black I haven't opened it up but can see it's running on bearings no silencer underlever is plated chrome or zinc back block is gold plated trigger is also it has a thumbhole walnut stock similar to airmaster stock but slanted at front
    It has gold sierra engraved and on the other side of the action it has northern arms company engraved
    I'm told it's a gold sierra from northern arms Doncaster
    I was wondering how many were commissioned as there isn't much info or photos on net atb scott

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    It should be tuned ,from Doncaster.The Gold option was top of the range for tuning offered with a choice of stock styles.It should be engraved "Gold Sierra" on the action.
    With northern arms company on the other side of the action left hand side gold trigger guard and screws and plated underlever were there many made atb