I have been digging into my Lincoln pistol files and studying your photographs more closely, and I am not now quite as confident as I was that your pistol has been reblued. It would take a close inspection of the pistol itself to be absolutely sure one way or the other, looking for example at the depth of colouring, for any pits or scratches that might have been blued over, and comparing the degree of colour fading between exposed and unexposed parts of the gun.
Although none of the various Lincolns that I know of that have a reasonable amount of original blueing remaining match the colour characteristics of your gun (see for example http://www.network54.com/Forum/68145...ncoln+Jeffries), I notice that the serial number of your pistol is exceptionally high (1112; highest number yet recorded 1213) which means that it could have been one of the few made well into the 1930's and so might have been blued by a different process to most. This could also explain why the finish has survived in such good condition. I am very dubious about the "whiting in" of the lettering though, as this has never been reported before and if original has survived remarkably well.

Does anyone else have a high serial number Lincoln with similar blued characteristics to this example? It would add a lot to our knowledge of these rare pistols if this were the case.