Thread: Airsporter MK1 Project valuation please?

Airsporter MK1 Project valuation please?

Hopefully attached are links to photo's of an Airsporter MK1, 0.22, GB prefix.
    Found when clearing deceased father in laws things out.
    All bluing gone if they ever were blued? As well as some sort of black paint spray job. (rubbed off some paint to reveal serial number).
    Stock has got the pistol grip wood grain split as per lots of MK1's? (been pinned at some point, probably needs gluing and dowelling?)
    Action been stripped, degreased, relubed (including leather piston washer) and shortened Supersport spring and delrin top hat fitted just to try.
    The internals and trigger block look as though it hasn't had a vast amount of use, probably been stored a very long time on and off.
    With the current spring etc, it's doing just over 8ftlb.
    Not my sort of thing, looking for a valuation to sell on forum.

http://s661.photobucket.com/user/Sku...tml?sort=3&o=4

http://s661.photobucket.com/user/Sku...tml?sort=3&o=3

http://s661.photobucket.com/user/Sku...tml?sort=3&o=0

http://s661.photobucket.com/user/Sku...tml?sort=3&o=1

Thanks.
    (Skunky, used to have a Mohican in white, not cos of the illegal drug!!) Kill The Wabbit, Kill The Wabbit!! Air Arms S400 Classic, in .177. Tuned Rabbitstopper RJ Breach. Kandar Cp1 in 0.177. Remington Sabre .22.

Delicate one this as the stock is badly damaged. I would not value it more than £60 to be honest if someone wants a use-able cheap plinker.

Its about that in spares as the stock is often the biggest value when in reasonable condition. If the stock hadn't been damaged I would have said about £90 bearing in mind the metal work is painted and would require work. Good ones will go for a fair bit more and £200 plus for a minter with BSA etching clear.

The problem is they are not economical to do as a project, and usually cost more than they are worth.I've got a few Airsporter projects on the go now.
    BASC

Valuation

Thanks for that Dean.

Any input from anyone else?
    (Skunky, used to have a Mohican in white, not cos of the illegal drug!!) Kill The Wabbit, Kill The Wabbit!! Air Arms S400 Classic, in .177. Tuned Rabbitstopper RJ Breach. Kandar Cp1 in 0.177. Remington Sabre .22.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    I would agree a lot with what Dean says - he probably knows values better than me.

I have 3 Mk1s so I am not after another, however, it's a good project but needs re-blueing. The stock - is in overall nice condition, personally, I would remove the metal pins, drill out the holes and insert hardwood dowels, all copiously fixed with PVA glue, sanded down to perfection, then all oiled up to finish.
    I would be happy to pay up to £100 for this rifle - mainly because it was made in the year I was born (I already have a nice GB serial MK1) and has good potential - a good reblue by Colin Malloy would have this looking good.
    Yes - all Mk1s left the factory with a blued finish. (not painted)
    Hope that helps.
    I repeat - that is not an offer to buy - I have 3!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Gentlemen

Valuation threads are to obtain a valuation only, after which a sales thread can be started.

Offers to buy on a valuation thread will earn you a ban.

Take this as a friendly last warning.

All the best Mick