Thread: Alros Trailsman - a 'plumber's' modification....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi can you kindly let us know what spring too search for on the bay to replace the olden. Atb...

My apologies, only just noticed this, a great thread thanks for shareing with us all.

Quote Originally Posted by kash2001 View Post
    Hi can you kindly let us know what spring too search for on the bay to replace the olden. Atb...
    will dig out the info and send over with vernier reading as well on dimensions. My current mod uses plumbing parts, so i chose a spring that fitted those, but also tried larger/wider that would fit inside the stock. The amount of preload (produced by the short piece of plastic pipe, though could just as easily be a bit of stick!) is demonstrated in a pic which shows you how much of the weight protruded from the stock end before the brass retainer piece was fitted - but because you are dealing with a 'squiggier' longer spring, nothing is really critical and easy to adjust with trial and error.

Great write up I have an alros like yours part of the end of the valve is missing the rod

hi,great write up ,thanks for sharing.i have the same model but single shot in .177.the only significant modification i have made to mine is to fit a concealed trigger sear engagement screw,makes for a much improved and lighter trigger pull. i havent used my gun in a while and was thinking of selling it but may now use it as my interest has been re-invigorated by this thread,cheers greasemonkey..
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

Thanks for the info, just turning up a new exhaust valve for one of these. They are just plain nylon and tend to crack and leak with all the impacts on firing. When you strip them looks like someone made them up as a home project, but good performers and very accurate.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Thanks for the info, just turning up a new exhaust valve for one of these. They are just plain nylon and tend to crack and leak with all the impacts on firing...

Baz
    Post a PIC please. Do you mean the exhaust valve on the air cylinder? Cheers, Richard

Quote Originally Posted by chieffool View Post
    Post a PIC please. Do you mean the exhaust valve on the air cylinder? Cheers, Richard
    Richard, yes the valve hit by the hammer on firing. This rifle is not mine and is back with its owner so I have no pic, but I am going to make another valve the week after Christmas so will take some then.

Regards, Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Richard, yes the valve hit by the hammer on firing. This rifle is not mine and is back with its owner so I have no pic, but I am going to make another valve the week after Christmas so will take some then.

Regards, Baz
    Thanks baz - .Would greatly appreciate it if you can squeeze some pics onto the thread as suggested when you do the next exhaust valve 'repair' as would be good to have all the references in one place....
    .... But mainly because I would like to see and know how to deal with any similar future problem on my gun.

Seasons greeting s to all who chance this way in the meantime!!!!

Richard

Thanks for the info, just turning up a new exhaust valve for one of these. They are just plain nylon and tend to crack and leak with all the impacts on firing. When you strip them looks like someone made them up as a home project, but good performers and very accurate.

Baz
    How do you get that valve assembly apart? I got one of these guns last year and it looks like the firing valve assembly has developed a problem. I've had the assembly out of the air cylinder, but couldn't work out how to disassemble it further.