Thread: Kestock Predator

Kestock Predator

Hi folks

This is not a section I normally post in as I don't know much about collectors guns. However, yesterday, TOnyL popped over with his Kestock Predator from the 80s. It is one of a possible 5 in existence - which I reckon must make it a real collectors item!!

Here's a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chc4DQgUB4Q
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

As nobody else has commented ...NICE !

Superb to see something fettled .....there was a lot of interesting non standard modding of Airguns , specials , custom short runs in this period .....lonnnnnngggg before modding was seen as the norm ie when after Crosmans came off ticket and everybody and his auntie started to play at rebuilds . Difference between chalk and cheese .

Like that.

Cool Thanks, Neil.

Thank you, Neil.

I hadn't realised until just now that you had posted this in the Gentleman's Section as well.

The gun, as well as being pretty rare, holds sentimental value as I got to know Steve Thornley, the gun's creator, really well and shared many special times with him.

The gun was always going to be a keeper anyway, and Steve made me promise him that, should I ever need to sell, that I would give him the first option.

Sadly, Steve passed away in December, 2009. RIP my very good friend.

The only person that could ever have this gun is Robert, Steve's son. We met last year, after many years of not seeing this fine young chap. Robert, if you ever decide to call it in, it's yours, as I said last year.

When I was talking to Rikard at the June Bash, he told me that Dave Hall (Bonnie and Clyde) had owned three of the remaining Predators at some point. I had also heard some time ago that three were in Scandinavia, so maybe he sold them to a collector / enthusiast there?

If anyone ever gets to hear of the whereabouts of any, it'd be interesting.

Thanks again, Neil. At least a great many more people know what this gun is all about.

And it can be seen and tried at any of our Boinger Bash events.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Very nicely done, I don't usually like 'specials' or bull-pups but that is a beautiful piece of work. Sort of a Rolls Royce version of a BSA Buccaneer!

When I got it in 1990 I took it down to Ivan and Dave when they were at those awesome Cradley Heath premises.
    Lazaglided, reduced cylinder internals and Slimtech silencer fitted. So it shoots sweetly and is nice and discreet. Internals untouched since. I got in touch with Steve Pope a few months ago to arrange a refresh/service; think I may have to give the guru a polite reminder......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Wasn't he living in Wentworth? ?.
    If so seen a bullpup 80 with an adjustable transfer port.
    Bought a chequered up Mk 1 80 from him.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    Wasn't he living in Wentworth? ?.
    If so seen a bullpup 80 with an adjustable transfer port.
    Bought a chequered up Mk 1 80 from him.
    He certainly was - Coley Lane.

Had many a good night with Steve down at The Rockingham Arms.

Yep, Steve was very handy at chequering and customising. He did a lovely job on my dad's shotgun stock. And he used to do conversions on Sharp Ace / Innova. Did my Ace - proper, heavy duty bolt conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Very nicely done, I don't usually like 'specials' or bull-pups but that is a beautiful piece of work. Sort of a Rolls Royce version of a BSA Buccaneer!
    Not to my taste-if I got gifted that I'd be looking for a mk2 stock for the action

Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    Not to my taste-if I got gifted that I'd be looking for a mk2 stock for the action
    Each to their own, but you'd be missing the rifle's raison d'être....reducing length and bringing weight back towards the shooter's shoulder!

I also have a .22 Mark I and a .177 Mark II. And the Predator handles so nicely.

It IS NOT perfect....the reach to pull is a little long and the butt pad is shiny. But, due to the rifle's rarity, and out of respect for Steve, I prefer to keep it original, as I have lots more HWs to shoot.