Thread: Boxed Crosman Medalist

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Boxed Crosman Medalist

SOLD my hardly used, 1970's Crosman Medalist II, Mod 1300.
    This is one of the earlier models with the hole in the end cap for re-setting the valve.
    The pistol is in very good condition with very few blemishes to the finish; I'd say condition of the metalwork about 98%. It is supplied in it's box with the instruction manual and a partly full tin of Crosman Super Pels.
    The target in the pic was shot by me with RWS Hobby pellets @ 10m, free hand, using a two handed hold, with 8 pumps in the pistol. I'm not the world's best pistol shot, but you can see what it's capable of.
    The packaging is also in quite good condition, but one corner of the box lid is split. All the cardboard is still there though, so it could be repaired with a bit of paper tape.
    Pics linked below.
    Price £100 including RMSD postage
    http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...pssnkuaodu.jpg
    http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...psstuq2tjf.jpg
    http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...psym7vhxm3.jpg
    Last edited by harry mac; 01-06-2015 at 02:30 PM.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Selling my hardly used, 1970's Crosman Medalist II, Mod 1300.
    This is one of the earlier models with the hole in the end cap for re-setting the valve.
    The pistol is in very good condition with very few blemishes to the finish; I'd say condition of the metalwork about 98%. It is supplied in it's box with the instruction manual and a partly full tin of Crosman Super Pels.
    The target in the pic was shot by me with RWS Hobby pellets @ 10m, free hand, using a two handed hold, with 8 pumps in the pistol. I'm not the world's best pistol shot, but you can see what it's capable of.
    The packaging is also in quite good condition, but one corner of the box lid is split. All the cardboard is still there though, so it could be repaired with a bit of paper tape.
    Pics linked below.
    Price £100 including RMSD postage
    http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...pssnkuaodu.jpg
    http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...psstuq2tjf.jpg
    http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...psym7vhxm3.jpg
    nice looking example, good luck with sale. My own, has hand made walnut pump handle and grips. I do find it hard to pump but my hand is very knackerd still can put a few shoots through her before I need pain killers. A very accurate pistol.

By way of coincidence I have recently dug out my 1300 that I bought new 40 years ago. I put it aside some years back when it stopped working. Your advertisement brought my attention to the hole in the rear that you say is for resetting the valve. This is the only pump up pistol I have ever owned. Can you please tell me what resetting the valve involves? Do I just poke a blunt nail down the hole? Not sure what the problem with the pistol is but “resetting the valve” could be worth a try.

Valve reset

Yes, just poke something like a nail into the hole and push. Wouldn't count on it working to fix the gun but it's worth a try.

These pneumatics are sensitive to the oil used. Need to obtain some Crosman oil.

Going Great Guns era

The 1300, an cosmetic upgrade to the venerable model 130, was part of Crosman's late '68 - '71 "Going Great Guns" era along with the model 1100 shotgun, 1400 pneumatic rifle, model 451 ACP replica, 622 pump repeater rifle, single action pistol models 36 and 44.

After Coleman took over in 1972, most of these models went away. The 1300 held on for a respectable time until '77 when replaced by the 1322/1377 models.

Note there was a safety recall on this model. The main hold down screw can easily come loose; resulting in inadvertent discharge. Be sure to check any 1300 for the grip frame being in any way loose fitting. If it is, repairs are in order with a bit of loctite.

Quote Originally Posted by barryeye View Post
    By way of coincidence I have recently dug out my 1300 that I bought new 40 years ago. I put it aside some years back when it stopped working. Your advertisement brought my attention to the hole in the rear that you say is for resetting the valve. This is the only pump up pistol I have ever owned. Can you please tell me what resetting the valve involves? Do I just poke a blunt nail down the hole? Not sure what the problem with the pistol is but “resetting the valve” could be worth a try.
    Aparently the main reason these "stop working" is that the quad seal inside the valve assembly wears out. If that's replaced it usually gets the pistol working again. I've just done this on my other 1300, which my mum bought for me as a Christmas present in 1977. Unlike the one I'm selling here, which hasn't seen much use at all, that one has had thousands of pellets through it and it's now on it's third seal set.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Thank you gentlemen. Some useful information there. Sorry to hijack your thread Harry.

OK, £95 including post and I'm robbing meself guv, takin the food from my babies mouths ye are.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    OK, £95 including post and I'm robbing meself guv, takin the food from my babies mouths ye are.
    Sounds like cut me own throat dibbler, one of the excellent caracters created by the late, great Terry Pratchet. Good luck with sale.

I will take this PM on way

Cheers Rob. SOLD TO BANDITROB12
    Last edited by harry mac; 01-06-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Expect it tomorrow, Rob.