Thread: Anics Skif 3000

MATTHEWLONG Guest

Anics Skif 3000

I rang up Balckpool air rifles today (airgunbuyer.com) to buy one of the above. They informed me that they no longer stock any Anics guns as they are so unreliable. Do any owners have any thoughts on this?. My other choice is a Umarex CO2 357 8 inch. What do owners think of this?.

Cheers.

Matt.

I've had my Skif for well over a year now and it's seen a few pellet tins of use, provided you use suitable ammunition and load it properly I've never had it jam up. The heavy trigger and questionable accuracy are down sides but emptying a 28 shot magazine is a rush, there's that when does it end?! feel to it, and as far as available co2 repeaters go the power is very decent.

I believe you can have it 'breathed upon' to smoothen the action out for a reasonable fee.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MATTHEWLONG
    I rang up Balckpool air rifles today (airgunbuyer.com) to buy one of the above. They informed me that they no longer stock any Anics guns as they are so unreliable. Do any owners have any thoughts on this?. My other choice is a Umarex CO2 357 8 inch. What do owners think of this?.
    Cheers.
    Matt.
    GO BUY A SKIF

Got a couple,and luv 'em!

DO as advised " use suitable ammunition and load it properly "....

you may get hassle with any gun,no more so with these,and if new it's warranted anyway,so not a problem

trigger NEEDS a shoe,makes it sooooo much smoother,

u.k Neil will knock you an ally one up,ask for a curved back one,to go with the curved trigger,8mm internal width

28 shot mayhem follows!!!!!

good luck,

Pete.
    Last edited by PALADIN; 16-07-2005 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MATTHEWLONG

Cheers.

Matt.
    If you go for the Smith & Wesson I'd choose the 6" over the 8" every time - much better balanced.

Lovely pistols. Accurate and, arguably, the best trigger pull of all the Co2 jobbies straight from the box.

I will second that go and get a skif it will make you all day long there fun guns

Gary Foster Guest
    I've just been handed one of these to have a go at by a cross eyed Geordie. I haven't got it out of it's case yet as i'm told it needs some tlc. When a CO2 canister is put in place and the housing is closed the gas all escapes in one go apparently. Any ideas??
    also the two screws that hold on the rear sight are missing, where would i get these?
    Sorry to highjack the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Foster
    When a CO2 canister is put in place and the housing is closed the gas all escapes in one go apparently. Any ideas??
    Are you sure the CO2 capsule is being loaded correctly? First you have the click it shut, tighten the screw firmly then close compartment and break the seal. If that's the way you're doing it and it still leaks, clearly your seals have been brutally ravished.

Mortimer Guest
    When a CO2 canister is put in place and the housing is closed the gas all escapes in one go apparently. Any ideas??
    I don't know about the Skif, but this occasionally happened on my CP88. The brass ring where the tip of the CO2 capsule goes would work loose; keeping it tight solved the problem.

clubshot Guest

Arrow

I've just been handed one of these to have a go at by a cross eyed Geordie. I haven't got it out of it's case yet as i'm told it needs some tlc. When a CO2 canister is put in place and the housing is closed the gas all escapes in one go apparently. Any ideas??
    also the two screws that hold on the rear sight are missing, where would i get these?
    Sorry to highjack the thread.
    Sounds like the Entry Seal has gone
    Replacements available

If Stuck email me

bob@practicalshooting.org.uk

We use Anics Skiffs in Practical Pistol

Still got a few in Stock @ £100.00 UK Posted
    Got Spare Magazines @ Competition holsters

BOB/R