Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's all AirgunBBS's fault.

It's all AirgunBBS's fault.

I'd promised myself, & my wife, I would not consider buying any more airguns until my birthday in November or Christmas.
    So why have I entered negotiating a deal on a Brum .177 Tempest?
    Also, I am seriously considering buying a Walther LGV/LGU for pigeon bashing...The Weihrauch 35 I'd bought new for that last year is now back with the importers following trigger & safety catch issues.

Using this site can result in addiction..

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    I'd promised myself, & my wife, I would not consider buying any more airguns until my birthday in November or Christmas.
    So why have I entered negotiating a deal on a Brum .177 Tempest?
    Also, I am seriously considering buying a Walther LGV/LGU for pigeon bashing...The Weihrauch 35 I'd bought new for that last year is now back with the importers following trigger & safety catch issues.

Bru
    wellcome to our world, there is no cure I fear.

Bbs

My names Mach 1.5 and i'm an airgun addict. Welcome to the club. Mach 1.5

Bru
    I started with air guns on this site. I am now off to Africa this year for a buffalo with my .375

.375 Air rifle

Don't laugh there are some big calibres being made again. Always have been.

Whenever you start worrying about collecting airguns, just remember to say to yourself "well they don't eat anything, do they!".
    I find that tends to help in dealing with a guilty conscience ha! Derek

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    I started with air guns on this site. I am now off to Africa this year for a buffalo with my .375
    Why? Whats it done to you?

Ive told myself so many times "No!" - Ive given up now. You never know whats around the corner - hopefully not a buffalo!
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thank you for letting me know I am not alone - sure I'll be OK after having a couple more Webleys & BSA's. mebbe a couple of German guns...&, &.

On a more serious note, one of the airgun mags had an article recently about auctions - apparently, one of the driving factors in the increasing price of older airguns is people like me, in their '50's. looking to buy guns they couldn't afford/wanted as kids.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

This is the last one, this really is the last one, this has got to be the very last one, I can't justify any more, this is really, really, absolutely the very last one.......

Mmmm....I wonder what might be in the sales section? You never know, might be worth a look?

On a more serious note, one of the airgun mags had an article recently about auctions - apparently, one of the driving factors in the increasing price of older airguns is people like me, in their '50's. looking to buy guns they couldn't afford/wanted as kids.
    Too true, but as you get older the number of such rifles decreases and is taken over by desires for new models 'so that I can experience the joy of a new rifle before it's too late'.
    Cheers, Phil

Good points, I'll check the for sale section just in case...And maybe I ought to get that Walther LGV/U new 'cos...as above. The Tempest .177 is on it's way.
    Then no doubt I'll be thinking on a set of walnut grips for it & the Senior - as supplied by a gentleman on this site, excellent value & a good fit & feel.

Good points, I'll check the for sale section just in case...And maybe I ought to get that Walther LGV/U new 'cos...as above. The Tempest .177 is on it's way.
    Then no doubt I'll be thinking on a set of walnut grips for it & the Senior - as supplied by a gentleman on this site, excellent value & a good fit & feel.

aimless Guest
    "I can resist anything but temptation"

So, go ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by aimless View Post
    "I can resist anything but temptation"

So, go ahead!
    oscar Wylde was he in to airgun has well then

aimless Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    oscar Wylde was he in to airgun has well then
    Oscar Wilde - PLEASE