Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: your first quallity scope/ first scope

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Had a couple of Tasco 3-9?? x50 which were so masked that they allowed less light through than a x40!! Like looking through a loo roll. nikko sterling did occasionally do a nice scope.

Mounts! They were so very terrible in the 80's. Apel and some Apel type (Hilver??) can work but it was Sportsmatch that finally sorted it if a bit agricultural and beefy. At least they don't turn red but then they don't come gloss like Apel does.
    I believe that I.J. sits on a pile of Apel and other desirable steel mounts like some dragon Like hens teeth to find and then there were different models for HW, BSA and FWB/Omega!

Its a challenge!
    You are so right on mounts. Apart from Apel/copies, 1980s mounts were all pretty much terrible (and led to so many contemporary horror stories of scope creep). Sportsmatch was a revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    Original mod10. 4X32 clear, bright and bomb proof . Mounts were generally shite back in late '70s...
    yes another good one have one on my Original 45 in .22.

Had a couple of Tasco 3-9?? x50 which were so masked that they allowed less light through than a x40!! Like looking through a loo roll. nikko sterling did occasionally do a nice scope.

Mounts! They were so very terrible in the 80's. Apel and some Apel type (Hilver??) can work but it was Sportsmatch that finally sorted it if a bit agricultural and beefy. At least they don't turn red but then they don't come gloss like Apel does.
    I believe that I.J. sits on a pile of Apel and other desirable steel mounts like some dragon Like hens teeth to find and then there were different models for HW, BSA and FWB/Omega!

Its a challenge!
    so thats were all the Apel mounts went then along with all the BSF,s

Its a challenge!
    Tis true, I do have a couple of sets of Apel mounts. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=38 My favourite mounts. I bought a batch from my local gun shop, 13mm HW which they had had in for years! I paid £30 for 6 sets and sold just one to recover the outlay. Well, they hadn't sold a set for years.
    IMO by far the best mounts for HW and ' Sports although I have found them to be, on one occasion, to tight for BSA. They come in 3 ring heights to and adjustable for windage/centering.

ATB
    Ian.
    Last edited by I. J.; 02-06-2015 at 10:32 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    yes another good one have one on my Original 45 in .22.
    I had a wee Tasco 603v tv image 4X20 before the mod 10 and it was OK for a 3/4'' tube scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    I had a wee Tasco 603v tv image 4X20 before the mod 10 and it was OK for a 3/4'' tube scope.
    yes remember them, pricey at the time to.