Thread: Mtc viper turrets .

Mtc viper turrets .

Hi
    Has anybody who owns the above scope used it at range dialing in and out of targets . I love the scope for hunting but I don't know if the turrets would be suitable /sensitive enough for fast calculations at different range . If the answer is "no they're not" is the Hawks Sidewinder a good option ? if you are using any other affordable scope ( £200ish second hand ) I'd be interested to hear about them , in fact any advice would be of interest . Thanks for your time .Atb Ricky .

Hi

WE used to own MTC so obviously used the Viper a lot. The Viper works very well as it's 1/8" MOA. Sidewinder is not a bad scope either but can't comment on the turret clicks. As always try to compare side by side

I've gone from a Viper to an Airmax30, and i have to say, i prefer the turrets on the Viper. The feedback it gives from the clicks feels far better, and can be quickly set and locked.

I actually miss my Viper, and i might swap my airmax for one in the future.
    Ex-Airgunner

I have several Vipers and Sidewinders, and used to have two 8-32 Vipers which I sold. Yes, their turrets give you a better feeling, but I prefer the Sidewinders lenses and its 20x reticle for longer ranges.
    Benjamin Discovery .22, Mellon Air RVA, M-Rod trigger, MTC Mamba 4-16x50, BSA Scorpion .177, Altaros regulator, MTC Viper 10x44, Daystate Air Ranger .177, Hawke Sidewinder 8-32x56 20X Mil Dot, AirArms S410 FAC .22, Altaros regulator, MTC Viper 6-24x56

Old thread, regardless of scope a 1/8th adjustment is needed for accurate adjustments if talking log range. 1/4"@100yds = 2.7"@1000m, 1/8th would be half that, provided you/gun/ammo can keep the accuracy that is !
    Ah the Toys ;-
    Tommygun .22LR, Ruger 10/22, Erma M1 .22WMR, Rossi 92 .357Magnum, Tikka T3 Tactical .308Win,
    1858 & 1873 BPR's, Browning Gold 12G, Winchester 9410, Air Rifles, Crossbows & Longbow.