Thread: BRNO B96 pistol

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

BRNO B96 pistol

I got one of these in the post today.

t was a good price as it was losing all its gas as soon as it was put in. As it turns out this was just a washer on the valve stem spring screw instead of an o ring which stopped the valve body from making an effective seal. (At least I assume so cos that's the only part I replaced and now it works.......)
    Its a joy to shoot, comparable to Snoopers LP10 which I tried in April in operation, which is nice!

The only petit-bijoux fly-ette in the ointment is that's it's only achieving 300fps with AA field (the only .177 pellets I have) with massive shot to shot differences in the 50fps range. This points to a sealing issue around the breech, but that's a job for another day.
    Does anyone have experience with these? Anything else I should check for?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

t was a good price as it was losing all its gas as soon as it was put in. As it turns out this was just a washer on the valve stem spring screw instead of an o ring which stopped the valve body from making an effective seal. (At least I assume so cos that's the only part I replaced and now it works.......)
    Its a joy to shoot, comparable to Snoopers LP10 which I tried in April in operation, which is nice!

The only petit-bijoux fly-ette in the ointment is that's it's only achieving 300fps with AA field (the only .177 pellets I have) with massive shot to shot differences in the 50fps range. This points to a sealing issue around the breech, but that's a job for another day.
    Hi,

I had one of these for a while. Are you using 12g capsules? If you are an issue can be that the capsules only just get pierced leading to very slow recovery from a shot and thus big variations. On mine I had to take a tiny bit off the bottom of the CO2 chamber, shortening it, so the CO2 piercing cap made a better hole in the capsule. Once I had done this is shot very well indeed.

Hope that helps.

Frog

Thanks for that, I have checked the co2 bulbs and there are definate differences in piercings. I have also tried with bulk fill from an old co2 bottle I have from home brewing many years ago. While it does work it's only for a few shots, so I'm guessing I need a new bottle?

I completely stripped the pistol yesterday and made a few small changes which have brought the fps up to 370, but the main concern I have is lack of a seal either side of the mag. Is that normal?

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    I would also try some lighter wadcutter pistol pellets
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    I would also try some lighter wadcutter pistol pellets

Thats what they expect me to do!

(I will when I next go to the shop)

I have one too

I use mine for 10m target shooting. Velocity is about 500 fps as far as I can remember but it's quite consistent. Don't buy the cheap soda cylinders from Wilkinsons they're too short and don't get pierced. I use Crossman or Walther CO2 cartridges designed for air pistols with lubrication included in them. I've gone through about two o rings that seal the bottom bit you screw in when you load the CO2 cartridge. I still have a couple left so haven't got round to finding out what they are yet. My trigger was poor when I got it rough and heavy but after polishing and filing it's pretty decent now. I was reccomended to spray some airgun lubricant on the O-ring i was talking about each time you reload to help prevent it splitting which sometimes happens. They eventually expand and tear. Had no other issues with it it's a nice pistol.

Another good idea is to put a spot of the red Crossman airgun oil on the tip of each new capsule before piecing it.

The oil is atomised when the capsule is pierced and this helps to keep the seals working a bit longer.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

An update: I now have some Hobby and SMK Black flat pellets. Of the four mags I have, each pellet will only cycle well in one. (Different one for each pellet) So as long as I only use that pellet/mag combo all is well.
    It is incredibly accurate off a rest and the consistency is no longer an issue, but the velocity is still lower than the 400fps I would like.

I have this and a Rohm Trainer, and it's getting toward decision time as to which I will keep.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    An update: I now have some Hobby and SMK Black flat pellets. Of the four mags I have, each pellet will only cycle well in one. (Different one for each pellet) So as long as I only use that pellet/mag combo all is well.
    It is incredibly accurate off a rest and the consistency is no longer an issue, but the velocity is still lower than the 400fps I would like.

I have this and a Rohm Trainer, and it's getting toward decision time as to which I will keep.
    My B96 runs around 400-450 fps, 300 is a bit low, I would be inclined to reseal it, and replace the valve, valve seat and valve spring....it's much better than a Rohm trainer!!!

HTH.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!