Thread: Restoring GRIPS on a SCORPION

Restoring GRIPS on a SCORPION

Not exactly restoring, but removing scratches, dents and dings from plastic, and polishing up areas to original shine.
    Any ideas, polish, abrasive, media, fine wet sandpaper?

Almost certainly the dunks and scratches are there for life, but you could try autosol to bring back the finish and improve the appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by ejackyou View Post
    Not exactly restoring, but removing scratches, dents and dings from plastic, and polishing up areas to original shine.
    You can take scratches and dents out of solid plastic by using successive finer grits of sandpaper and wet and dry paper up to polishing level then use Solvol Autosol paste. To get the best shiny finish use a clothe disc with polishing soap but do not overheat with too much friction.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I used brasso on my Scorpion stock- took out the scratches just fine and left a nice finish.

The brasso wadding cloth that came in small tins, you just ripped off as much as you needed, was great for polishing out small scratches. Not seem it around for a while but no doubt you can still get it.

Thanks All, for sharing Your techniques.
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    The brasso wadding cloth that came in small tins, you just ripped off as much as you needed, was great for polishing out small scratches. Not seem it around for a while but no doubt you can still get it.
    most supermarkets & hardware stores sell it. they sell it in sainsbury's- that's where i buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ejackyou View Post
    I was told , Bsa used to dip them in Acetone !
    I know they use this technique on the plastic screwdriver handles to get " That " finish.

Ged.

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    I was told , Bsa used to dip them in Acetone !
    I know they use this technique on the plastic screwdriver handles to get " That " finish.

Ged.
    Think you are right as you can fix broken piano keys together with acetone as it melts the plastic together. Don't leave plastic in it very long as it will end up a load of goo.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD