Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
I managed to obtain a nickel example from another member on here and it has placed a huge smile on my face. At just under 2 lbs in weight and correctly proportioned, this is just the thing to keep to hand while watching DVDs such as Young Guns or Posse What, nobody else does this? Just me then...

I like the slightly off white grips, which resemble ageing ivory really well. My main gripe is the hammer at rest position. It sits too far back and makes the pistol look as though it is on half cock. I appreciate the hammer must rest away from the valve but am sure a better solution is possible. Particularly as the rest of the pistol is so good.

A cleaning/clearing rod is worth keeping to hand. I got carried away with my first CO2 powerlet and ended up getting a copper coated lead ball stuck in the barrel due to ever decreasing power. Lead or lead coated ball is better that steel BBs as it is more accurate and safer due to less risk of ricochets. I felt a slight blast of CO2 on my wrist with every shot but as there are potential gaps between rear of cartridge and valve, then front of cylinder and barrel, I guess it's inevitable. MV averaged 354 FPS with H&N copper coated lead ball, so certainly good enough to mangle tins at 6 yards. Accuracy with the low profile fixed sights is good enough to group within 2 inches of the point of aim at 6 yards but bear in mind this is not a match pistol. It's best described as a replica that works.

I'd advise against 'fanning' the hammer in wild west fashion for two reasons. Firstly you need a heck of a big backstop to be safe and secondly the lockwork may well suffer and wear creep in if the pistol receives hard use. The lockwork is of a very high standard, as is the rest of the pistol. Cocking the hammer gives you that 3 stage click so beloved of Hollywood sound effects and the trigger releases with a reasonably light pressure.

The 6 cartridges, as supplied are nowhere near enough for a serious session on the range. If one or more is damaged or lost, you won't get 6 shots from this revolver. Spare 'shells' are essential then but I haven't been able to order any from the States due to postage restrictions. Am trying a German site but they don't accept Paypal, so spares may be expensive!

I'll review in greater detail in Airgun World but in the meantime, if you're thinking of buying one of these, do so as I don't think you'll be disappointed. I haven't had so much fun in years and am looking forward to watching Young Guns for the umpteenth time tonight when Jo goes out!

John
When are you bringing it down the range then John

Bob