Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: colt peacemaker

no I have got till mid july think he really would prefer the black can anyone tell me what the finish on any of them is actually like is the blue shiny or matt and whats the silver one like? any info please

When ordering from SWS in Germany, as previously posted they have a Green yellow and red indicators for every item to say wether in stock or low / out of stock, if its green they have them when you order, I have had numerous items from them and although I have to say like many things in life the first time is always the hardest its worth persevering and just take your time, paying by credit or debit card (they take both as long as its a standard visa debit) and when you have placed your order yes you have to scan or take a photo of your driving licence and email them this, but you only have to do this on your first order and they keep it on file and you don't have to provide it on subsequent orders. What I did on my first order and to be honest every other one is have google translate up and use that when making the card payment as its easy to click the wrong tab when putting in expiry date of your card and continue with payment tabs, if you google translate each instruction when paying it becomes much easier. Once you have ordered and paid you get only one email of confirmation, to check progress you have to log into the site and progress of your order, it will say passed to shipping within a couple of days but thats it, they no longer email out tracking numbers, however what I have done is email them when it shows as shipped with my order number and they will email you back the tracking details. They use DHL in europe and this gets past over to PF24 when it hits the UK. I have never had an issues when the many orders I have placed with them and highly recommend them. Do the maths the Colt costs £106 pus 4% for card payment and about £14 postage this depends on the euro so its about £126 to £130 in total, don't forget your bank will charge you two or three pounds for using your card for a Euro payment. For the real savy shopper so long as you can afford it, buy two of the pistols when they are so much cheaper than the UK ( if you can get one that is) retain your one and sell one on at a slight profit to help offset your cost !! I any one needs help feel free to message me always willing to help a fellow member

got to chuck my hat in the ring here

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    Other people will say that they got emails from them etc but I got nothing the only email that I ever got from them was when I ordered the colt python on pree order and I got worried after a month of nothing but they just said still awaiting stock to arrive and a week or so later it just arrived not the best communicators but trustworthy I would say.
    they no longer automatically send the tracking numbers out by email, you have to contact them and they will forward it by return. They have English speakers on staff who are polite and extremely courteous, in fact I have had better worded replies from versandhaus than some UK dealers I have used.

Quote Originally Posted by sutherland2829 View Post
    Do the maths the Colt costs £106 pus 4% for card payment and about £14 postage this depends on the euro so its about £126 to £130 in total, don't forget your bank will charge you two or three pounds for using your card for a Euro payment
    I have always paid them using my natwest visa debit card. For this service there is an extra 4.4% added to the gross total (VAT is always added at their rate of 19%) but unlike the above poster I have never been charged extra by my card issuer for a euro payment? I know of others who have used transferwise with great success, as they arrange a bank transfer payment on your behalf and charge a flat fee of (I think) £1.00. Shipping for me has always been a flat fee of 16:65 euro, equates to approx £12:20 sterling, i'm fairly certain this gives you up to around 5 - 6 kilo before being charged more so it's worth adding a few items to make up the weight and get your moneys worth

Every time I have used them it has been completely straightforward and trouble free but you MUST take the time to download the English PDF instruction AND READ IT PROPERLY. I have ordered from them on several occasions and every item has arrived well packaged and safe and usually within 5 - 6 days of being ordered and paid for.

Back to the thread - I took delivery of my umarex SAA 2 weeks ago from them, can't post pics on this thread but click THIS LINK for my UBC thread. By using versandhaus I have acquired my pistol much sooner than waiting for the vast majority of UK RFD's to get them in stock, it was delivered straight to my front door and for at least £50 less than what my local RFD's are asking as a pre-delivery price. I am not knocking UK RFD's - they are obviously waiting for the their UK distributor to give them the green light (Armex?) but it is odd that these are coming to here from Umarex in Germany yet the USA get them before we do? My point being we are a lot closer!
    Last edited by spaspecker; 09-06-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Sorry if this as been asked before but is there no restrictions on importing co2/airguns? does the parcel just turn up with no declations etc?
    I have read that most airsoft cant be sent and ends up waiting at customs for more details.

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    Obviously the fact they are cheaper from Germany is a huge bonus but even better for me is the fact they don't have all those warnings down the barrel!
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Quote Originally Posted by gazzalene View Post
    Sorry if this as been asked before but is there no restrictions on importing co2/airguns? does the parcel just turn up with no declations etc?
    I have read that most airsoft cant be sent and ends up waiting at customs for more details.

Generally speaking, CO2 pistols just come into the country and are delivered with no problem. Best if you can get a tracking number so you can follow progress.
    Occasionally something can be held up in customs, though I once received a parcel plastered all over with AIR GUN sticky tape and it still just sailed through

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    hedgehumper let me know how you get on then maybe I will order one from them
    Got a message today saying the pistol has been shipped so they have them in stock.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

I checked my junk mail today and they had sent me a message that the pistol was shipped on Monday. Can't be long now till it arrives
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

This is made me very jealous..

My girlfriend loves revolvers, and many years ago I bought her an Airsoft Peacemaker just for show.. It was a quality (And expensive) gun (Tokyo Marui I think) but I went for the long barrel (Cavalry edition) and I think it looks hideous as its just too long.

Much of it was plastic, and it wasn't very tactile due to the way that the Airsoft mechanism works.. And whilst she, loves it, I know she is disappointed by it as she wants the shorter one (I can think of too many jokes which could be inserted here)....

If I could, I would change it for one of these.. I would have to sellon the Airsoft version and in truth, with UKARA and VCRB laws, I havn't got a clue how I would go about doing it.

But I am going to keep an eye on this thread as I would consider getting her one of these....

Jon

Got home today and it has arrived
    I went for a "Blued" one and it looks really good will have a go after supper.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/28879255@N06/F21u2d
    Last edited by Bjacobs571; 11-06-2015 at 05:08 PM.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

wow that looks good in blue finish

it will shoot steel BB's lead BB's and pellets quite happily. The pellets are the most accurate.It is quite easy to load the shells without removing then from the pistol. Its not as accurate as I would like but the sights are not exactly target sights. I think the cylinder is a bit small for a .45 peacemaker; there is a bit of a gap between the cylinder and frame and the walls of the cylinder are not thick enough for what are basically .357 cases.

Look nice in blued finish with simulated wood handles, mine both have white handles, all that's available in North America
    so far, any day now should be the US Marshall Ltd Ed with wood.
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

The grips look really good, a mock walnut.

My nickel peacemaker turned up today, what a lovely piece of kit! Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I'm sure it won't disappoint. The bonus of ordering it from Germany is there isn't all the silly warnings written down the side of it. I'm one happy customer!
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.