Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: colt peacemaker

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    Hello guys,

I went for it and ordered one (well tried!) from the German site linked above. On the first attempt I didn't read the English help guide which I know was stupid and only after I had a look and thought that maybe I didn't tick the T&Cs box so I tried again!

This time I made sure the box was ticked and went through the process again and everything seemed fine, I emailed them to explain that I had some trouble and I only really wanted one (I want two but don't tell the wife!!) I received a reply from them this morning saying that in fact they hadn't received any order from me probably because my card company isn't enrolled in the 3D Secure Scheme or whatever it is, I'm pretty sure they are though as I used my Virgin Mastercard.

Anyway, I'm now thinking that there was a screen that came up after I had submitted all my card details that had two tabs at the bottom of the page that could be clicked but they looked like they were something to do with credit card T&Cs so I didn't click either and the page didn't move and I wasn't taken back to the website or anything like that. Maybe I should have clicked one of those tabs???

I'd be really grateful if anyone who has successfully sent an order could help me with this.

Many thanks,

Christopher
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

When I bought my one, after making the payment I was automatically redirected to "Verify with Visa" where I had to enter letters from my password this is probably what they mean by 3d secure scheme.
    I did not need to click on any tabs or links for this to happen. I used my Visa Debit card and I was sent emails confirming my order immediately.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Mmmm....defo wasn't directed to that page (I know what one you mean)

Thank you very much for your help.

For the (very) few folk that actually have the Umerex Colt SAA Peacemaker...how does the trigger compare to the ASG Dan Wesson Revolvers in SA? I'm hoping the Colt is much better/lighter/smoother?

I've got mine now (the blued version)

First impressions are very good but I've not been able to use it yet.

It looks good with a good weight to it and is it's from Germany there are no nasty warnings on the barrel which makes a big difference in my eyes, wee bit of a shame the grips are faux wood but you can't have eveything I suppose!

To be honest if you didn't want to shoot it it would actually look pretty nice in some kind of display box, the gold lettering kind of makes it look like some kind of Colt special edition.

I'm told that my two (ordered locally)should arrive quite soon now!?
    Last edited by gingernut; 24-06-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    For the (very) few folk that actually have the Umerex Colt SAA Peacemaker...how does the trigger compare to the ASG Dan Wesson Revolvers in SA? I'm hoping the Colt is much better/lighter/smoother?
    Did/do you have a dodgy Dan Wesson? The trigger on mine was fine I wouldn't have wanted the trigger pull to be any lighter than it was. The Colt Peacemakers hammer is quite a joy to use and the trigger pull is smooth and not too heavy, just get one you won't regret it!
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgemumper View Post
    Did/do you have a dodgy Dan Wesson? The trigger on mine was fine I wouldn't have wanted the trigger pull to be any lighter than it was. The Colt Peacemakers hammer is quite a joy to use and the trigger pull is smooth and not too heavy, just get one you won't regret it!
    I second this, I have had a dan wesson, had it for over a year, the trigger on those are awful compered to the colt SAA and the webley MKVI for that matter.

ATB, Marc...
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    I second this, I have had a dan wesson, had it for over a year, the trigger on those are awful compered to the colt SAA and the webley MKVI for that matter.

ATB, Marc...
    That's what I was getting at - pleased to hear the Colt is better.

Finally received My Colt U.S. Marshals Commemorative Ltd.Ed.
    It's even more beautiful than anticipated.
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

Quote Originally Posted by ejackyou View Post
    Pictures PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by ejackyou View Post
    Yes let's see what they are like before I order .
    Photo or link please .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

I managed to obtain a nickel example from another member on here and it has placed a huge smile on my face. At just under 2 lbs in weight and correctly proportioned, this is just the thing to keep to hand while watching DVDs such as Young Guns or Posse What, nobody else does this? Just me then...

I like the slightly off white grips, which resemble ageing ivory really well. My main gripe is the hammer at rest position. It sits too far back and makes the pistol look as though it is on half cock. I appreciate the hammer must rest away from the valve but am sure a better solution is possible. Particularly as the rest of the pistol is so good.

A cleaning/clearing rod is worth keeping to hand. I got carried away with my first CO2 powerlet and ended up getting a copper coated lead ball stuck in the barrel due to ever decreasing power. Lead or lead coated ball is better that steel BBs as it is more accurate and safer due to less risk of ricochets. I felt a slight blast of CO2 on my wrist with every shot but as there are potential gaps between rear of cartridge and valve, then front of cylinder and barrel, I guess it's inevitable. MV averaged 354 FPS with H&N copper coated lead ball, so certainly good enough to mangle tins at 6 yards. Accuracy with the low profile fixed sights is good enough to group within 2 inches of the point of aim at 6 yards but bear in mind this is not a match pistol. It's best described as a replica that works.

I'd advise against 'fanning' the hammer in wild west fashion for two reasons. Firstly you need a heck of a big backstop to be safe and secondly the lockwork may well suffer and wear creep in if the pistol receives hard use. The lockwork is of a very high standard, as is the rest of the pistol. Cocking the hammer gives you that 3 stage click so beloved of Hollywood sound effects and the trigger releases with a reasonably light pressure.

The 6 cartridges, as supplied are nowhere near enough for a serious session on the range. If one or more is damaged or lost, you won't get 6 shots from this revolver. Spare 'shells' are essential then but I haven't been able to order any from the States due to postage restrictions. Am trying a German site but they don't accept Paypal, so spares may be expensive!

I'll review in greater detail in Airgun World but in the meantime, if you're thinking of buying one of these, do so as I don't think you'll be disappointed. I haven't had so much fun in years and am looking forward to watching Young Guns for the umpteenth time tonight when Jo goes out!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Cocking the hammer gives you that 3 stage click so beloved of Hollywood sound effects and the trigger releases with a reasonably light pressure.
    Is there only 3 clicks ?? I suppose the hammer rests at the "safe" position so you will only get 3 instead of 4.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

I've just received an email from Cardigan Sports stating they have a limited supply of SAAs in stock.

Looks like they have finally hit UK shops

John