Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: colt peacemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I'll second this recommendation. This is the kind of shooting instructor I wish I'd had when I were a nipper. Agreed his range is quite something. It's good to see classic guns being tested on targets other than paper too.

John
    Thanks John

Not surprised to hear you are a fan!
    Agree with you about the targets - nothing quite like a bit of wanton destruction now and then

ATB
    Hombre
    I'm not stuck in the past, I just prefer it.

Hickok is a legend, i have been a subscriber quite a bit over a year now. lol he used to be a school teacher as well, not many would guess that..

Come on guys do the john wayne load in your SAA's too, why not
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

I bought the nickel version and owned it for a couple of days. Couldn't take it seriously though and part exed it for a Umarex 686 which is fantastic!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    I bought the nickel version and owned it for a couple of days. Couldn't take it seriously though and part exed it for a Umarex 686 which is fantastic!

Andy
    Interesting, the smith is one of my most hated pistols. I know they are good but I see no reason to dress something up as a real revolver and have a moulded cylinder.

Nothing more than toys to me, same goes for most of the pellet pistols Umarex make. Why make it a replica if it does not replicate ?? Just make an 8\10 shot air pistol and be done with it.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

I agree smith 686 is not a real revolver how can you take that seriously they are just a toy moulded pistol and yes I do have one just sits in the case and the finish is not a patch on the peacemaker either!

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Interesting, the smith is one of my most hated pistols. I know they are good but I see no reason to dress something up as a real revolver and have a moulded cylinder.

Nothing more than toys to me, same goes for most of the pellet pistols Umarex make. Why make it a replica if it does not replicate ?? Just make an 8\10 shot air pistol and be done with it.
    I agree with you on that...a lot of these 'replicas' seem pretty half arsed to me. The Battlefield Finish Webley MKVI should be the standard that they all aspire too in my very humble opinion
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post

Andy
    heresy! especially the 686, with its black mag that sticks out like a sore thumb against the nickel finish & emphasises the fact that it's an unrealistic cylinder!

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post

this, at least where the smith is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    I agree smith 686 is not a real revolver how can you take that seriously they are just a toy moulded pistol and yes I do have one just sits in the case and the finish is not a patch on the peacemaker either!
    this also, & the reason why i don't own own a 586 or 686.

Same here. The only reason I do not own a umarex 586 686 is because of the silly looking rotary magazine, it just looks out of place, apart from that though they are good guns, and will last many years longer then the peacemakers will with hard usage but if they look horrible what's the point lol..
    ATB, Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

I see the Ltd Edition US Marshall museum version will be available in the UK soon, I wonder if any future variations are planned ?

Quote Originally Posted by sutherland2829 View Post
    I see the Ltd Edition US Marshall museum version will be available in the UK soon, I wonder if any future variations are planned ?
    Yes I heard this too from a dealer at the Midland Game Fair. I think he said there were something like 500 US Marshall pistols being sold worldwide, so certainly a limited edition.

John

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    A few places have them listed on Gunstar if that means anything!!...most retailers had the basic versions listed 6 months before they were actually available in the uk!
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

If you look at the real steel there are many models yet to come.
    Mainly barrel length related.
    The buntline might have pretty good power!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    O.K. I'll ask the silly question. What's reel steel? Is it a website?

It would be good to a higher powered version, which retains consistency. Most CO2 clones struggle to achieve 2 ft lbs and even half as much again in exchange for shot count could be very attractive.

John

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I'd love to see a Wyatt Earp buntline 'special edition', with a replica of Wyatt's signature on the barrel or frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    O.K. I'll ask the silly question. What's reel steel? Is it a website?

It would be good to a higher powered version, which retains consistency. Most CO2 clones struggle to achieve 2 ft lbs and even half as much again in exchange for shot count could be very attractive.

John
    'Real Steel' refers to the actual live round gun on which any co2 replica is based.

Cat Hill Guns in Barnet (north London) has one if you ever venture down. They're £189 when I looked yesterday
    Enfield .303, Howa .223, CZ452 .22lr, Ruger 10-22 .22lr, Marlin .22lr, BSA Ultra SE .177 & Air Arms S410 .22 (sub 12ft.lbs)