Hi all, I wonder if you could help. I am looking for a scope which I will use to shoot long range rabbits and will also dabble in HFT. But without wishing to igniting the whole issue over which scope is best for air rifles maybe it'll help if I just ask the question "what scope do you use" for 1) field targets and 2) shooting rabbits in the morning (if you are inclined to do this) or just general target shooting - I'll try to use this as my guide for my purchase.

I currently have 3-off 3-9x40 scopes which were attached to air rifles purchased in the past of which 1 of the 3 has mil dot and the other 2 with duplex crosshair. one is Nikko Stirling, one Hawke panorama and the other 'SCR'. all are ok, but are no way near as bright as my Nikon monarch 7 10x42 Bino's which are in a league of their own. what I am looking for is a scope that is above all, crisp and bright - my eyes are not what they used to be so a good scope will make up for this. I am willing to fork out a hefty (about £500) for this new or S/H wonder scope.
many thanks.