Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread Deleted (Regarding Wonky Donkey)

Thread Deleted (Regarding Wonky Donkey)

Any reason why my thread has been deleted?

All I was wondering is why I hadn't heard back from him...

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    It's complicated bud
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

I believe he is away on hols anyway.

Every week someones first ten threads are deleted, looks like it's your turn
    "Walk softly, but carry a big stick"

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    Every week someones first ten threads are deleted, looks like it's your turn
    Utter horse cookies
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Simples, you must not mention independent, s on here who tune etc! Like wonky, tinbum, welsh Willy etc. Damn, I mentioned them! This post will self destruct in five minutes.

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Simples, you must not mention independent, s on here who tune etc! Like wonky, tinbum, welsh Willy etc. Damn, I mentioned them! This post will self destruct in five minutes.
    I too have fallen foul of this in the past. It's mad and inconsistent as tuning kits from various members are often referred to as far as I can see ????
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

A clear statement of policy on the issue would help.
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

I'm sure the mods carefully weighed up the benefits to the forum as a whole of having, as regular visitors, experts like Wonky Donky, (which for years Dave shared with anyone who needed help, along with hard-to-find parts at little or no cost), against the importance of protecting the membership from people who would selfishly exploit the BBS to enrich themselves.

In my experience, when enquiring privately about why a particular individual was banned, there is usually more to the story than first meets the eye, such as that member ignoring warnings to desist from a particular activity or face a ban.

Hopefully this was the case with Dave, and that he wasn't ejected due to an over-zealous application of the 'no business rule'.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Beagle View Post
    A clear statement of policy on the issue would help.

Here it is: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....s-and-Guidance

In particular the line; No Advertising-Ever!

I fell foul of it to a year or so ago, but once it was pointed out that it was a blanket statement and not directed at me personally I got over myself and abided by the rules.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

All very well but it is not applied equally. Lots of people are recommending and 'advertising' the services of individuals and outlets.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Beagle View Post
    All very well but it is not applied equally. Lots of people are recommending and 'advertising' the services of individuals and outlets.
    Yes but there is a difference between an entire horn section blowing your praises and you blowing your own trumpet!

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I'm sure the mods carefully weighed up the benefits to the forum as a whole of having, as regular visitors, experts like Wonky Donky, (which for years Dave shared with anyone who needed help, along with hard-to-find parts at little or no cost), against the importance of protecting the membership from people who would selfishly exploit the BBS to enrich themselves.

In my experience, when enquiring privately about why a particular individual was banned, there is usually more to the story than first meets the eye, such as that member ignoring warnings to desist from a particular activity or face a ban.

Hopefully this was the case with Dave, and that he wasn't ejected due to an over-zealous application of the 'no business rule'.
    Wonky Donky isn't banned from here. His account is in the moderated usergroup for the present (meaning his posts need to be approved before they appear on the board) for precisely some of the 'cease and desist' reasons you mention above.

I / we have no problems with home tuners (in case someone thinks we do), and the free exchange of information. It's just another aspect of the sport that more and more people seem to be getting enthusiastic about. What's there not to like?

The problem is however, is that the line between 'tinkering for my own amusement', and 'doing a few bits for mates', and 'earning a few bob as pocket money' and 'see here for full price list' can be a blurry one and is often crossed very very quickly.

Some of you may remember the utter farce that the nightvision section became, when a lot of folk went from 'a few bits for myself' to 'a few bits for me and my mates' etc etc where we had a situation where it appeared that some individuals were getting their mates to big up their own kits, or to trash the competition accompanied by much arguing in public, and in private shouts of legal action and libel etc It became nearly impossible for anyone to post in that section and get anything near approaching impartial advice.

This is not going to happen in GA.

Don't worry ... I'm well over myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    Wonky Donky isn't banned from here. His account is in the moderated usergroup for the present (meaning his posts need to be approved before they appear on the board) for precisely some of the 'cease and desist' reasons you mention above.

I / we have no problems with home tuners (in case someone thinks we do), and the free exchange of information. It's just another aspect of the sport that more and more people seem to be getting enthusiastic about. What's there not to like?

The problem is however, is that the line between 'tinkering for my own amusement', and 'doing a few bits for mates', and 'earning a few bob as pocket money' and 'see here for full price list' can be a blurry one and is often crossed very very quickly.

Some of you may remember the utter farce that the nightvision section became, when a lot of folk went from 'a few bits for myself' to 'a few bits for me and my mates' etc etc where we had a situation where it appeared that some individuals were getting their mates to big up their own kits, or to trash the competition accompanied by much arguing in public, and in private shouts of legal action and libel etc It became nearly impossible for anyone to post in that section and get anything near approaching impartial advice.

This is not going to happen in GA.
    Thank you; that is by far the most rationale and useful post I have seen on this whole tuners / deleted posts issue.