Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quiet pistol options

A brocock PCP with a decent silencer is near silent

An HW75 is the quietest pistol I have owned as far as muzzle report is concerned (mind you it is pretty low power). The hammer makes a bit of mechanical noise, but its minimal compared to the report of most unsilenced pistols.

ATB

Jon

My Daisy 717 SSP is pretty quiet when fired loaded, but gives a good loud pop when dry-fired!

The newer (mk3) webley alecto is threaded to take a silencer adaptor and is very accurate
    I have one of these with a 'Swift Stumpy' silencer by Range Right in .177 - it is extremely quiet!

I imagine a .22 version would be even quieter, it certainly was when I made a direct comparison between .22 & .177 HW100's.

atb

Ed

I have a Crosman 2240 with a Whisper 130 silencer on it.
    The neighbours sit blissfully unaware in their gardens.
    As mentioned , the loudest noise is usually the pellet striking the target.

Benjamin eb22 with a silencer on .

Longer barrel

[QUOTE=thisisdonald;6714808]ive got a webley nemesis - single stroke pnumatic, same as hw40/beeman p17 and it has a really loud crack - but I installed a longer barrel, over which I can slip a bsa silencer and its quiet as a mouse[/QUOT

this sounds a good idea, where would i get a longer barrel? &, does it cock ok and not touch the trigger gaurd?

[QUOTE=Silverfox1307;7279946]
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    ive got a webley nemesis - single stroke pnumatic, same as hw40/beeman p17 and it has a really loud crack - but I installed a longer barrel, over which I can slip a bsa silencer and its quiet as a mouse[/QUOT

this sounds a good idea, where would i get a longer barrel? &, does it cock ok and not touch the trigger gaurd?
    without doubt a delrin guide rodded (twang free) LP53 is the quietist ive ever shot..