Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accurate powders stockist in Wiltshire

Accurate powders stockist in Wiltshire

Anyone know of one?
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    Anyone know of one?
    not Wiltshire, but Andy Allwood in Bracknell used to stock Accurate powders (and still does according to his website ) and as long as you arrange it with him you could well pick it up when you are next at Bisley TFSA
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

Cheers Kenny, you at this month's shoot?
    Thanks for looking

[QUOTE=Boydy47;6715755]Cheers Kenny, you at this month's sadly no I'm going to have to miss this one
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    I understand that many Accurate powders are made in Czech republic by explosia, who market them in Europe as Lovex.

http://www.reloadingsales.webspace.v...owder_info.htm

The explosia website has load data and the powders are pretty reasonably priced.
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    I understand that many Accurate powders are made in Czech republic by explosia, who market them in Europe as Lovex.

http://www.reloadingsales.webspace.v...owder_info.htm

The explosia website has load data and the powders are pretty reasonably priced.
    Thanks for that, main reason I ask is all the load data that came with my .223 was for accurate 2460 so was after that really, though there is likely a lovex equiv. not sure anyone local stocks loved though!
    Thanks for looking

Thanks for that, main reason I ask is all the load data that came with my .223 was for accurate 2460 so was after that really, though there is likely a lovex equiv. not sure anyone local stocks loved though!
    I have had both brands from Andy in the past, at the moment I'm making do with Amirs N140

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    I have had both brands from Andy in the past, at the moment I'm making do with Amirs N140
    OH yeah, I've got some of that to be getting on with too! I'm just after some of the 2460 to tide me over til I can sort my own 69gr loads. Though I've got about 150 rds of a-max loaded over Tac that I loaded for the remmy that I'm hoping will shoot ok in the CZ to see me through.
    Thanks for looking

Half in Torquay, half in a wood in north Worcester
    Just be aware that if you buy the Lovex powders, they have been slightly reformulated with a higher percentage of nitroglycerine to nitrocellulose - I have found this makes them significantly dirtier (and I suspect more corrosive) in use than the Accurate variant, to the extent that I have pretty much stopped using the othewise excellent D073.6 now.

Mind you, the Lovex importer Westlander's website has been down for ages, so I don't know if there's a current source.

A.
    Serial .300 Win' Mag' fondler

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Bastardos!
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

OH yeah, I've got some of that to be getting on with too! I'm just after some of the 2460 to tide me over til I can sort my own 69gr loads. Though I've got about 150 rds of a-max loaded over Tac that I loaded for the remmy that I'm hoping will shoot ok in the CZ to see me through.
    That N140 is going well in my .308, especially now I'm necksizing.

Reminds me I still owe you those Noslers Boydy- will try and post them out this week!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    Just be aware that if you buy the Lovex powders, they have been slightly reformulated with a higher percentage of nitroglycerine to nitrocellulose - I have found this makes them significantly dirtier (and I suspect more corrosive) in use than the Accurate variant, to the extent that I have pretty much stopped using the othewise excellent D073.6 now.

Mind you, the Lovex importer Westlander's website has been down for ages, so I don't know if there's a current source.

A.
    I've just looked and the ageing tub of 2460 that came with the rifle actually has a sticker on it saying Lovex D073 sold under license as 2460. To be honest there's a hundred or so round's worth in there I'd say so I'll load up the 100 v-max I bought yesterday and that will def tide me over until I get another load sorted with the N140.

Still after some N160 if you ever want to relive the nightmare mate!!
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by zanes View Post
    That N140 is going well in my .308, especially now I'm necksizing.

Reminds me I still owe you those Noslers Boydy- will try and post them out this week!
    No rush mate, I've just realised its the club shoot next weekend and I've got about 300 rds to load before then!!
    Thanks for looking

I know someone in somerset with a good stock of SO60 Lovex.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post

A.
    No offence, but have you any references to this claim of increased (indeed ANY) corrosion? Thats a serious claim after all.
    The Black-Powder Revival gathers steam..