Thread: BSA Mercury Challenger test results.

BSA Mercury Challenger test results.

Well I've been testing a .22 Bsa Challenger today. Over 10 shots through the Chronograph I have an extreme spread of 10fps and an average velocity of 590 fps using RWS Superdomes. Apart from the trigger which still is quite stiff even after I've adjusted the weight a full two turns anti clockwise to reduce the weight according to the instructions. I haven't touched the sear engagement screw at this stage. Should I adjust this a little bit to get a lighter release? But keeping it safe of course. Derek

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Just like it's fixed barrel brother the Airsporter, the Mercury can benefit from a little work on the trigger sears - remove rough burrs/machining and apply a good quality grease/gun oil, just be careful not to over do it or you will end up with ADs!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    Just like it's fixed barrel brother the Airsporter, the Mercury can benefit from a little work on the trigger sears - remove rough burrs/machining and apply a good quality grease/gun oil, just be careful not to over do it or you will end up with ADs!

ASM
    Blimey I had to read that last sentence twice, could've sworn it said end up with aids But really, sorry to be thick whats AD's? Cheers. Derek

Assume Accidental Discharge?
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS