Thread: Hornady Lock-n-Load.

Hornady Lock-n-Load.

What is the consensus on the Hornady system as I am thinking of swapping from my Lee turret press.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

I use both and have them mounted side by side on my bench. They are both very good, but the Hornady press with the lock an load system is much better made and feels like it will last forever.

Would I give up my turret press? No.

Would I swap it for a Hornady or similar turret press? Yes - if money was no object.

Buggy
    Buggy2 (Nigel)

I went straight to hornady, the lock n load system is excellent. I reload for 2 calibres, neck sizing also, and it's as simple as drop in and twist. The cam over press is smooth and really robust.

Mine's a keeper for sure

I use the Redding T7 and spare turret for three calibres.
    I have bought a Hornady classic L&L to run the three de-prime dies leaving the redding with one turret to run all the seating/crimping dies. This allows me to do the messy de-prime all in one place,next to the tumbler. All the other jobs are then carried out in one turret with no changing.
    The Hornady is still in its box,but not for long.

Bryan.

I bought the bushings to fit to my rockchucker but was disappointed the dies won't fit back in their boxes with the bushings fitted

Major ball ache as I now have to find a box to keep 20 dies separate!

Quote Originally Posted by bewsh View Post
    I bought the bushings to fit to my rockchucker but was disappointed the dies won't fit back in their boxes with the bushings fitted

Major ball ache as I now have to find a box to keep 20 dies separate!
    Not a problem I've had with the RCBS dies and original green die boxes. Just love em....