Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems with Remington (KWC) 1911 CO2 BB gun

Looks to me like the slide is slightly out of battery when it stops shooting, this would engage the disconnector and prevent the hammer from falling.

Have you had the blowback cylinder off yet ?? Inside the cylinder is a seperate peice that sits on a spring in the port to the chamber and opens and closes as the pressure changes in the cylinder. If there is a bb in the cylinder it is bouncing around and occassionally getting stuck under this it will prevent the slide from locking up and the disconnecter will be engaged.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Rang my supplier today.. They are going to send it back to their distributer.. But I told them that I either want a replacement, or refund.. I am not going to take a repair as I just don't trust the gun.

But before I send it, I thought you might be interested in another new toy which arrived today...

http://i59.tinypic.com/33tot4w.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/30dhs43.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/347cthw.jpg

I bought one for my Airsoft Glock, for use when I go Airsofting.. But I just couldn't resist on having another for the 1911, even though there is actually no point...

The Fobus C-21 holster is fun. See you have the left handed model.

There is also a Fobus holster for the real 1911 magazines. It can be adapted to hold the bb Mag, but not a great fit.

Pity they put that huge warning on the slide of your 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    The Fobus C-21 holster is fun. See you have the left handed model.

There is also a holster for the real 1911 magazines. It can be adapted to hold the bb Mag, but not a great fit.

Pity they put that huge warning on the slide of your 1911.
    Yep.. Unfortunatly being a lefty limits me and makes it hard to buy one in the UK. I had to order mine from Israel but it only took 5 days to get here.. I was surprised how well the 1911 fits, proving how realistic it is.. I had to modify my Glock holster to fit my Airsoft verion, but the 1911 fits like a glove..

hi mate, thats a nice looking holster that.. For my pistols as i have a few all different shapes and sizes i use a cheap holster, ill post a picture later today..

Yeah when you take the gun back tell them they can send it off for repair or in some cases the bin, but you should not have to wait and want a refund the gun is less then a month old so you are entitled to a replacement or even a refund..

Hope it works out mate..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Hi mate, what dud the gun shop end up doing/saying in the end?

ATB, marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Shop took the gun and sent it back to KWC/SMK/Remmington for replacement.. Its been a few weeks but I got my replacement yesturday.

The original was deemed to be "no fault found" but they replaced it anyway.. So when I went back to pick it up, I took my calipers as I was curious about the BB size.

I tested their current stock of Remmington BBs, and they are 4.4mm.. I then checked their Umarex and they were also 4.4mm.. But the Remmingtons I bought a few weeks back (With the gun) were 4.2mm which is odd... So I decided to buy some Umarex just in case

I have been testing the gun over the weekend and with the Umarex (4.4mm) BBs its performing perfectly.. But then I tried my original Remmington BBs (4.2mms) and the same problem occurred right away (Jams/Double Feed/Mis-fires).
    So, it appears that the problems was with the BBs all along (or atleast the 1911 disliking slightly smaller BBs).. But I don't feel guilty as I was using Remmington BBs in a Remmington gun, so you would think they would work!

Jon
    Last edited by Jweaver; 19-07-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Hi jon, im glad you got things sorted in the end mate..
    yeah its strange about the remington bb size.. at least we know its not your gun now.
    Happy shooting

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysili

Remington bbs

Just want to pop this one back up for anyone who is suffering this problem.

It is definitely the size of the bbs and it seems the problem still exists in March 2016 as I have just bought one of these together with a tub of Remington bbs and did not manage to get one mag through it in the two days I suffered before taking it back to the shop.

They straight away put 2 mags of umarex bbs through it without problem and over the next 2 days they had 2 more 1911,s back with the same problem having never had one back before and when I went and collected it yesterday they confirmed it was the bbs at fault sizes all over the place 4.1,4.2,4.08 in the same pot, Umarex a consistent 4.4.

You would think that Remington were aware of this problem because they obviously test fire these pistols when they get sent back .
    Life is like a toilet roll, when you get closer to the end, the quicker it goes.

Glad I bought 5000 Umarex bbs with my Sig x-five I bought a few days ago. Good to know they vary in size, I wouldnt have expected that to be the case.

I have two of the Tangfolio Witness version which had exactly the same faults as described - loose BBs, jamming and once the caught in the blowback mechanism problem.

They both became unusable - both replaced by the dealer but the replacements quickly became just the same and the dealer went bust! In the end I just put them in a drawer and forgot about them - that was two years ago.

Recently had a big tidy up and rediscovered them. I thought I'd give them a go to see if I could do anything. I had read only load a max of 10 BBs - so I tried. Guess what? - no problems with either. Hmmm.

After reading this I looked to see what BBs I was now using (I have other BB pistols) and yes- Umarex. I must have put over 100 BBs through each - no problems at all. As well as not overloading I also make sure the temperature is not too low - luckily I can heat the garage (sorry "range") to 20C.

So thanks for the info in this thread re Umarex BBs.

p.s. I have also put a couple of mags worth of H&N copper plated lead pellets through and these seem OK too.

Had the same issue with the Remington 1911RAC with Remington gold-plated BBs, too. Was having the 'double feed' jam almost every magazine, tried with 'ProShot' steel BBs and no problem. Pretty ridiculous that Remington's BBs don't work in their own pistol.

Just had the same problem with Remington bb's in my new SA-10 air pistol. They are too small and just drop through the rotary mag! Tried som H &K ones and they work fine thought all bb's were the same?

Quote Originally Posted by RoryMakarov View Post
    Had the same issue with the Remington 1911RAC with Remington gold-plated BBs, too. Was having the 'double feed' jam almost every magazine, tried with 'ProShot' steel BBs and no problem. Pretty ridiculous that Remington's BBs don't work in their own pistol.
    Hi mate the Remington BB's are one of the worst on market to be honest so many guns have issues with them due the the inconsistent size mainly being too small. The Remington race 1911 is not really made by Remington it's another Kwc 1911 like them all and then Remington trades go on.. Glad your guns working fine with other BB's though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    Just had the same problem with Remington bb's in my new SA-10 air pistol. They are too small and just drop through the rotary mag! Tried som H &K ones and they work fine thought all bb's were the same?
    Hi mate, yet more proof the Remington BB's are just rubbish, glad your guns work fine with the other BB's though, the H&k ones are pretty good, your using the black dip dyed ones yeah?

You would think all so called 4.5mm steel BB's would be the same size but there not, the good ones like, H&k black dip dyed, umarex zinc coated, umarex black Diamond, asg blasters and the ProShot, are all good and are also the correct size 4.4mm which are for the 4.5mm barrels, other good BB's are the H&N smart shot copper coated lead BB's they too are the correct 4.4mm size.. Even though some of the manufacturers state the BB's are 4.5mm the steel BBs are not and should not be..

The rubbish Remington bb's range in size from 4.2mm to 4.4mm they are way to inconsistent in size and shops should stop selling them to be honest, but hopefully people will stop buying them and they can then stop production.

Happy shooting.
    ATB Marc