Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Remington (KWC) 1911 CO2 BB gun

Problems with Remington (KWC) 1911 CO2 BB gun

I received my Remington 1911 this week and am over the moon with it.. I only had a few BBs, so was only able to test it briefly and it seemed fine.

But today my 4.5mm BBs turned up in the post and I am now able to test the gun properly and am having major issues.. The main issue seems to be double feeding.. After the gun fires, sometimes it jams, sometimes I get extra BBs which fall out of the ejection port... And on one occasion, had 2 BBs loaded in the barrel. I also got into a state where the "breach" had come forwards inside of the receiver and was jammed solid..

When I pull the mag out, there is a BB in the barrel (Which I guess is normal) and usually a couple rolling around in the receiver which then fall out.

I also find that after loading the BBs into the mag and inserting it into the gun, it sometimes hits something hard and won't go in the last few mm.. I have to take it out.. Mess around with the BBs and try again and after a few attempt can get it in.

The whole thing just feels wrong.. I have many Airsoft guns and am familiar with using Gas/BB guns.. But the 1911 seems very temperamental compared to other guns in my collection. Is this to be expected?

One thing I have noticed is that the BBs I have received say that they are 4.5mm, but they are actually 4.2mm.. Its odd, as they are "Remington" branded, so I would expect them to be a perfect match for the gun. Could it be that they are just too small?

Is this behavior normal?

Jon

Not sure it's related but read this.

Hi mate, sorry to hear your having troubles, these KWC 1911 pistols are quite good but you can also get ones that are just lemons, first thing i will say is, how old is your gun? did you buy it new from a shop? If you did and its under 12 months old take it back to the shop get them to look at all while your there and once they see it having issues demand a replacement gun, its in your rights to do so..

Dont worry about the size of the steel 4.5mm BB's, no 4.5mm steel BB's are in fact 4.5mm, they range from 4.2mm to 4.4mm, thats normal mate, but what i will say though is once you use all your remington BB's dont buy those again, they are copper coated and rust quicker and can also leave copper shavings inside your gun, its rare but it can happen, buy UMAREX silver zinc coated BB's or ASG Blaster silver zinc coated BB's they are the best quality and will also give you better accuracy too..

If the gun is not new from the shop or past 12 months old, take it apart your self and have a look at it..

Do not overload your magazine, even though these magazines are meant to be able to take 18+1 some of the magazine springs are stronger then others, if you put too many BB's in the magazine it puts too much pressure on the BB's only put a maximum of 14 BB's in your magazine..

Have a look at a few videos on my channel, is your pistol doing this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dZTqNFVf2o

If it is you could have a BB stuck inside the blowback unit, which can cause jamming and feeding issues..

Have a look at mikes video showing how to remove it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRu_shATciQ

If you do find you have a BB stuck in the Blowback unit and struggle to remove the BB from following the video, you can just remove the blowback unit from the gun and take it apart, but if you do that be careful of this spring inside the unit as it will ping out.. (remove the blowback unit by undoing the hex screw on the slide that the hammer hits)

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...c/DSCF1034.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...wbackunits.jpg

Hopefully you will find a BB in your blowback unit and once you remove it your troubles will stop..

Hope the reply was not too long and was help to you..

ATB, Marc..
    Last edited by Marc.RG1; 12-06-2015 at 10:09 PM.
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    Hi mate, sorry to hear your having troubles, these KWC 1911 pistols are quite good but you can also get ones that are just lemons, first thing i will say is, how old is your gun? did you buy it new from a shop? If you did and its under 12 months old take it back to the shop get them to look at all while your there and once they see it having issues demand a replacement gun, its in your rights to do so..

Awesome reply. Thanks Marc.. Will take a look at this tomorrow.. Fingers crossed I simply have a BB stuck.. If not, the gun is literally brand new (3 days old) so I will just take it back.....

THanks for your help.. Really appreciate it.

Jon

Your more then welcome jon, good luck mate, let us know how you get on..
    ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Had chance to test the gun today and i am sure i have a problem.....

I loaded the mag with 10 rounds and my first observation is that i can get the mag to seat.. When i push it all the way in it hits something hard. I have to cock the gun and lock the slide back to allow the mag to seat and its really fidly. Its fine with the mag empty, i only get ths problem when there are bbs loaded.

I then unloaded the mag and only occasionally managed to shoot all 10 bbs... But most times it would jam at some point and i have to pull out the mag which results in 2-3 bbs falling out..

I am sure something is wrong so will have to take the gun back to the shop to get their view....

Hi mate, yeah take the gun back and them the issues your having and then without going off on one too much at them, nicely demand a replacement pistol, your in your entitled to one..

Good luck mate..

Hi mate, yeah take the gun back and them the issues your having and then without going off on one too much at them, nicely demand a replacement pistol, your in your entitled to one..

Good luck mate..
    Cheers.. Just had another blast and its exactly the same.. I can see the source of the problem.. "Double Feeding".. When ever the gun jams, the slide isn't all the way forwards, and when you look in the barrel there are 2 (or maybe even 3) bbs in there.. Sometimes they just roll out.. Other times, you have to push them out.

This makes me think that the mag could be at fault.. But again, it still makes me wonder if its the bbs...

Will have to go the shop and see what they have to say.. Its unusable at the moment and I will push them for a replacement.

Jon

Hi mate, did you check in the blowback unit for stuck BB's?
    Before you take it back to the shop if you can take a video of the pistol showing its faults, then they can see it straight away without having to test it (they will still most likely test it) but a video helps show its not user error causing the issues..

ATB, marc..

Hi mate, did you check in the blowback unit for stuck BB's?
    Before you take it back to the shop if you can take a video of the pistol showing its faults, then they can see it straight away without having to test it (they will still most likely test it) but a video helps show its not user error causing the issues..

ATB, marc..
    There is nothing stuck and i am not sure how there could be as i have some kind of plunger poking out of mine which retracts back into the unit.. I cant see how a bb could actually get in there.

I like the idea pf the video... Will do exactly that before i return it.... Good call....

No problem about the video mate, all the proof helps.

trust me about the BB's going in and getting stuck inside the blowback unit, its happened to about 5 people i know off including myself and probably 100's of other people too, did you watch mikes video?

worth a watch mate..

ATB, Marc..

No problem about the video mate, all the proof helps.

trust me about the BB's going in and getting stuck inside the blowback unit, its happened to about 5 people i know off including myself and probably 100's of other people too, did you watch mikes video?

worth a watch mate..

ATB, Marc..
    This is the truth, I think they get in via the gas port somehow.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Cheers both.. looked at the video and i am 100% sure this isnt the problem.

Had the slide off countless times and been looking at the blow back mechanism and there isn't a bb in there.

But thanks for pointing it out.. Useful to know this when i get my replacement,
    Last edited by Jweaver; 15-06-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Incase you are interested, here is a video:

https://youtu.be/2YUBKW9tpb0

I would liked to have done a better video.. But it was impossible with one pair of hands.. But it clearly shows a jam after 2 shots.. And yet again, when I pulled back the slide you could see 2 BBs loose inside the chamber.
    Last edited by Jweaver; 15-06-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Yeah take it back mate