Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS Straight grip Senior and 'B' series Premier

FS Straight grip Senior and 'B' series Premier

Hi guys, me popping up from the blue to sell some stuff yet again!

Today my last two pistols, was going to hang onto these just for the sake of having them, still might if they don't sell, but I'm unlikely to shoot them again, neither has been shot in at least ten years (they have been on the shelf in this current house for 9 years):

A straight grip .22 Senior

A 'B' series .177 Premier

http://s352.photobucket.com/user/spr...?sort=3&page=1

The Senior is in a bare metal/patena condition and has an historic repair to one of it's grips. It was bought years ago from John (John and Josie) way before internet forums when we knew each other from magazine and arms fair gun sales, John was kind enough to give me the following info on it:

"I remember that straight grip Senior - it was once in the collection of the late Dr Joe Gilbart, the pioneering airgun writer from the 1970s and was sold by Phillips Auctioneers after the doctor's death in 1982. I'd forgotten about that damaged grip but the good thing is they can be replaced and there's even a dealer that attends shows with replacement grip copies that are really good. From memory, the patent number is stamped on the original cocking linkage shoe, which is a plus point as often the linkage is replaced"

This senior is just as I bought it, I honestly can't remember ever shooting it, I simply like owning it as a nice thing to have.

The second gun is a 'B' series premier, excellent blue, excellent grips.

£250 the pair, no offers on that please.

Pickup only from Witney West Oxfordshire. Weekday evenings from 4pm are best, Oh, and these are my last two pistol sales,ever!

Prices dropped and are fixed at that, bargains as they are now.
    Thanks.

PS, having sold to you guys before I know how cut throat the collecting world is! If I have agreed a price with someone then I will NOT undersell to someone else or back out of a sale regardless of offer, likewise any PMs or questions are not 'deals' unless you have agreed a price and pickup time, just talking about something does not mean it's on hold for you. Cheers!

Please view all photos before asking questions in case they are answered here and please let me know if you need more info/serials etc. I was mad on collecting 20 years ago and knew all the variants by heart, but accept that now I might have missed some vital photos or information so do ask.
    Last edited by Clarkycat; 18-10-2015 at 09:51 AM.

Good luck with your sale, I would like to add that this man is a top Gentleman to deal with, I bought a couple of rifles from him over the past few years, which I am sure he could have sold to late bidders, but kept his word.

Shame he has become a petrol head we need members like this

Heh!

Thanks for the kind words mate. The Lotus gone and the 911 is currently turned back into money in the bank so am not even a petrolhead now! In fact I have not owned a car since August last year so dare I say 'green', no more £3000 clutches and the like, (you don't have to tax,insure,MOT, service or fix money in the bank), it's the pay rise I gave myself when boy came along: Work less by removing the things that need funding!

(it will turn onto a new Defender 110 once we are up for family days out, I still need a motoring icon of some sorts)

Anyone interested in these pistols, please use the PM function, I will get an Email alert to your message then and it saves me subscribing or logging in to keep an eye on the thread.

Ta

A few weeks and a few hundred views, I pop back and no takers, so price realistically dropped.

These are my 'go away' prices.

PM if interested.

Bump!

Both Pistols still on offer guys...

Bit surprising if I'm honest! Can't be many straight grip Seniors about now? nor Premiers in such nice condition? unless there was some recent 'barn find' of crates of them that I am unaware of.

It would probably help your sale if you would post them. Both should go under 2kg when packaged and could be legally sent RMSD tracked and Insured for £11 a go

I sold my rough Premier for £110 posted, so you should get close to your asking,but they're a tough crowd here

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    It would probably help your sale if you would post them. Both should go under 2kg when packaged and could be legally sent RMSD tracked and Insured for £11 a go

I sold my rough Premier for £110 posted, so you should get close to your asking,but they're a tough crowd here
    Thanks, you are right of course.

I post thousands of pounds worth of wristwatches using SD and it nothing to do with the pistols value or any lack of faith in the post.

I simply don't want to put guns in the post and I don't want to hand them to anyone else but the buyer, and I'll wait for that.

Rather than sat idle on the shelf, I'm happy to have them here on offer while sat there.

I pictured the idea of plinking tin cans down the river with my son one day, we live in a different world now, someone in my town just went to court for discharging an air weapon in public, and to think I was wandering around with my first air gun when I was 8 years old...

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    I can't believe you still have both of them, I saw your original post and thought they would be gone within hours, I would personally love to add them to my collection as I have neither but understand and respect your choice of not wishing to post them. If ever you get to the point where you change your mind if they don't sell for some strange reason then I would happily give you the full asking price. That said, best wishes with the sale all the same, lovely couple of Webleys you have there! Atb Phil.

Thanks,
    Can understand you would not collect, I have good friends near you (west Malling) and over the past ten years we see each other less, a 2 hour drive is now a 4 and sometimes longer drive, 8 hours of the weekend in a car. We both started using our 'day cars' to visit each other as using the Porsche/Lotus was a waste of miles in a fun car, then we started waking up really early to say goodbye. In the past couple of years I have driven to Bruges in under 6 hours, and over 4 hours of that was in the UK (M40/M25/M20)...

They might as well take all the ingnition keys out of the cars, get a forklift, and just build a wall out of them across the road!

Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
    I can't believe you still have both of them, I saw your original post and thought they would be gone within hours, I would personally love to add them to my collection as I have neither but understand and respect your choice of not wishing to post them. If ever you get to the point where you change your mind if they don't sell for some strange reason then I would happily give you the full asking price. That said, best wishes with the sale all the same, lovely couple of Webleys you have there! Atb Phil.

Still got em both. Might give them a dust if they are still here in October.

Dust, Dust...

Mmm...

A straight grip .22 Senior

A 'B' series .177 Premier

See pictures:

http://s352.photobucket.com/user/spr...?sort=3&page=1

£250 the pair.

One sale, no offers.

PM Please.

Just saw them and remembered this thread!

Shameless bump!

Still got them, still £250 the pair, still PM please as I don't visit the forum (4 month gap!).

The boy is walking now, grabbing everything, so eventually they will end up hid in a cupboard or something, should be in a collection or at least being shot.

Blimey!

Still have them.

For the record guys, these would have sold many times over and several other people have first dibs IF I would post.

But It's collection only.

So they are still here for the first person ready to come and buy them. No hurry, See you in a few months...

I would like these please.

Tuesday or Thursday evening?

Thanks!
    Thanks - Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    I would like these please.

Tuesday or Thursday evening?

Thanks!
    Hi Geoff,

You may want to email Paul directly from his profile as he does not regularly log into the BBS!

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.