Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Autumn/Winter 6 yard MPL Postal Competition

Now the holiday season is more or less over for me and the darker nights are coming it's about time I put some holes in my MPL targets and submitted some scores - something I have not done yet even though the competition started in July

.....but that is the nice thing about this competition - it is never too late to get started so for anyone out there (like myself) that has not got started yet - now would be a good time to consider giving it a go !

If anyone would like to enter - please do so at any time so we can keep this excellent excuse to exercise our Classic airguns alive and to keep them fit and healthy
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Welcome to the MPL postal competition Russ - I will get your target packs and spare targets away to you by DHL today or Monday - please let me know by email the address to send them to.

I am guessing you may be shooting a very nice FWB 300 in the rifle class :roll eyes: - and maybe a Model 10 in the pistol class - at least now and again?

Both are very good Classic's that will feel "at home" in the MPL.

....if you have any friends who are fellow classic airgun addicts - please let them know about our MPL support that allows the exercise of these magnificent specimens on a regular basis in your own home

Bob,

Many thanks

I will most likely be using the FWB300 & Diana Model 10 , though I will do some practice with my Walther LG90 & Baikal MP-46M to see how they compare for me.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Bob,

Many thanks

I will most likely be using the FWB300 & Diana Model 10 , though I will do some practice with my Walther LG90 & Baikal MP-46M to see how they compare for me.

Best regards

Russ
    I have just "broken my duck" and got started Russ - so now its your turn to make some holes in the cards

Well done Bob good scores too, I think my alecto is rather nice too but hate the trigger but not taken it to bits yet to investigate as I've too many projects on the go at this moment in time.
    Russ it's nice to have you with us and you are only just up the road too.

Beast cheers

George

George,

Many thanks

Bob - I have zeroed in the pistols & rifles this last weekend, and hope to get July's targets out of the way on Friday.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    Well done Bob good scores too, I think my alecto is rather nice too but hate the trigger but not taken it to bits yet to investigate as I've too many projects on the go at this moment in time.
    Russ it's nice to have you with us and you are only just up the road too.

Beast cheers

George
    Hi George,

I bought my Alecto s/h but in very nice (unmarked) cosmetic condition some time ago.

Because I did not buy it from new I have no idea if it has been "improved" by any previous owner, but there are no signs of any tools being used on it and so I guess it is in an un-molested condition as supplied from the factory.....and I was able to buy it at a very reasonable price too!

I have used the trigger as it is and with no modifications at all and found it to be quite acceptable and the recoilless action is really impressive for such a cheaply made pistol.........and it is British too!

The NEMESIS is made to look like an automatic live fire pistol and I don't really like any form of "replica" firearm (I prefer air pistols to look like air pistols) but this one just works well although I would have preferred it to have had a better grip ( with a palm shelf!) but the NEMESIS was never designed to be a target pistol.

......and this makes it's performance even more impressive in my opinion .......and with a better shooter holding it I am sure it could turn in some remarkably good scores.

I wonder what can be done with the newer Webley Alecto? - another a cheaply made SSP from Webley that looks bulky but does not weigh too much and should be capable of similar performances.
    Last edited by zooma; 07-10-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Bob,

Managed to pry my bum off the chair (too much chair-o-bics ), and shot and submitted July-2015s pistol scores.

regards

Russ

Well done Russ !

John G has also taken an entry pack tonight so we should have another NEMESIS in action pretty soon!

I also picked-up a rather nice little Airmatch 600 in a px swap with a match rifle tonight so I may well give that a try later - if I ever find a way of closing the cocking lever without pinching parts of my left hand - ouch !

........any tips Malc ? - apart from wearing a leather glove !

Bob,

Ta

Re : AirMatch 600 - very nice

Hope to do the August-15 MPL pistol tomorrow - I will be using my new FWB65

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Bob,

Ta

Re : AirMatch 600 - very nice

Hope to do the August-15 MPL pistol tomorrow - I will be using my new FWB65

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ
    Good luck with the FWB Russ - they are nice to shoot and usually more accurate than the shooter !

I am not so sure about my new Airmatch 600 as I think it may be a variant of it so I will start a search to find out exactly what it is.

The pistol has an anatomical grip with adjustable hand shelf, and has an extended front sight unit that fixes onto the end of the barrel sleeve and a black fitted case that has Airmatch printed on it...and cut-outs for the front sight extension etc to be safely housed in.

It came with the original handbook and a similar sized colour booklet about the 600 match pistol but this one also has these extra bits on it - obviously from new to fit the case openings - so I think it is some sort of variant.

........oh - and did I mention that it has a bad temper ?

It very much objects to being cocked and bites away at the unsuspecting left hand at every opportunity

I have named the pistol "Arkwright" after the famous snappy till in "Open All Hours"

Its a CU650 Olympic !

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Good luck with the FWB Russ - they are nice to shoot and usually more accurate than the shooter !

I am not so sure about my new Airmatch 600 as I think it may be a variant of it so I will start a search to find out exactly what it is.

The pistol has an anatomical grip with adjustable hand shelf, and has an extended front sight unit that fixes onto the end of the barrel sleeve and a black fitted case that has Airmatch printed on it...and cut-outs for the front sight extension etc to be safely housed in.

It came with the original handbook and a similar sized colour booklet about the 600 match pistol but this one also has these extra bits on it - obviously from new to fit the case openings - so I think it is some sort of variant.

........oh - and did I mention that it has a bad temper ?

It very much objects to being cocked and bites away at the unsuspecting left hand at every opportunity

I have named the pistol "Arkwright" after the famous snappy till in "Open All Hours"
    After looking through my library of old airgun books I found my Air Match pistol in the third edition of John Walters "The Airgun Book" where it is perfectly described and identified as being a CU650 Olympic.

So I don't have an Air Match 600 after all - I have an Air Match 650 Olympic.

Today I learned something - I had no idea that there was such a beast

This looks like a great competition. I'm on the look out for a nice SSP pistol to get me started shooting 10m air pistol at the moment and if I find something that qualifies for this then I might end up as another late starter.

I haven't done any competitive shooting since I stopped shooting FT with my trusty old TX200 back in the 90s so I'm looking forward to seeing if I can still find the centre of a target.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyTMan View Post
    This looks like a great competition. I'm on the look out for a nice SSP pistol to get me started shooting 10m air pistol at the moment and if I find something that qualifies for this then I might end up as another late starter.

I haven't done any competitive shooting since I stopped shooting FT with my trusty old TX200 back in the 90s so I'm looking forward to seeing if I can still find the centre of a target.

Andy
    Hi Andy,

It is a great competition - but it is surprising to see how few air rifle shooters there are that feel able to shoot accurately enough at 6 yards to enter this competition .

I would have thought that the bell target shooters would jump at this opoprtunity as they (mostly) shoot at 6 yards as well and these targets can be fixed to the front of their bell targets (like mine!) making it very easy to use existing kit.

Maybe 18 wheeler is too proving to be too much competition for them all and they don't want him to show them up

The pistol shooters are definitely more "up for it" (as you can see) and late entries ( even in the last month) are welcome as long as you are happy to catch-up with the cards when you start.

It is only 6 cards per month so even if you had to shoot them all in the last month it is still only 36 cards in total - less than the number of cards to be shot in a single live ISU competition that has to be completed on the day (and within a tight time allowance!).

I hope you find something suitable to shoot with soon - any spring powered or SSP .177 air pistol would be OK to get you started - it is only your own score you need to beat to begin with - you can menace the rest of us later when you get some practice in

I'm still doing my research at the moment but as soon as I part with some hard earned I'll let you know.