Thread: 2015 Autumn/Winter 6 yard MPL Postal Competition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't be shy - somebody has to be the first to enter...
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Don't be shy - somebody has to be the first to enter...
    Count me in! Do I win a prize?

6 yard rifle + 100 spare targets please (£26.50).

I'll send payment via bank transfer this AM and pm you my details once that's completed.

I'll try and get some Melbourne Marksmen (and women) involved too, but there's a distinct lack of interest in comp shooting at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post

I'll send payment via bank transfer this AM and pm you my details once that's completed.

I'll try and get some Melbourne Marksmen (and women) involved too, but there's a distinct lack of interest in comp shooting at the moment.
    Pleased to have you join us!

Yes you do win a prize - but not just for entering - and only if you are in the top three at the end of the season

The trick is to persuade some of your friends ( that are not as good as you) to enter the competition too...

Looks like Nick will win the 6 yard MPL Rifle postal competition far too easily - nobody else has entered - yet!!

We always have some nice trophies made for us by George for the top three in every class so lets see a few more entries rolling in so we have somebody to give them to!!

I think I'll be giving it a go, what size are the Air 8 targets? I may have to get a bigger trap first if they are more than 14cm.
    Cheers,
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by barbusg60 View Post
    I think I'll be giving it a go, what size are the Air 8 targets? I may have to get a bigger trap first if they are more than 14cm.
    Cheers,
    Rob.
    Hi Rob,

The NSRA targets that we use in this competition are all the standard size of 73mm x 73mm ( approximately) or 6 3/4" x 6 3/4" in old money.

Your trap should be able to take these targets OK.

Look forward to receiving your entry and joining the competition.

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your payment by bank transfer - this method works a treat and does not cost us any charges or fees.

Your entry pack plus 100 spare targets is being sent out to you today by DPD.

If you are able to PM or email me with either your email address or mobile phone number they will let you know what time your package will be delivered to you.

It will need a signature on receipt.

Thanks for your support, and I hope you can get some of your Melbourne Marksman club members involved - they would be made very welcome to join this unique competition that encourages the use of "classic" air rifles and "classic" air pistols.

Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 08-07-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Only just read the above Bob, target pack arrived in good condition yesterday.

Shooting to commence soon, I'd better thoroughly acquaint myself with the rules & regs first...

I'm in:-)

Hi Bob,

I just paid by bank transfer for 6yd mpl pistol.

Cheers

Duncan

Thanks Duncan,

I have added your name to the competitors list for the MPL rifle and pistol competition and I will send your entry pack to you today.

Thanks for your support.

Trophies

Almost all of the previous season's scores are now in and as soon as we get the last few we can close the competition and send out the trophies to the top three in every class.

George and his family visited us at RMTC last night and brought all of the trophies with them so we are ready to send them out to the winners in the next few days.

Please get your entries in for this new competition that will run from now until December 30th.

Hi Bob,
    Just sent my payment for entry to the pistol comp and 100 spare targets.
    I'll pm my details now.
    Cheers,
    Rob.

Mpl

Money sent for pistol+rifle comp.
    atb Glyn

Bob
    Just sent off payment for Pistol mpl x 2, why I did not think to give you it in person last week is beyond me, perhaps meeting all you lot and trying out all those different pistols wiped my brain!!!!

Best cheers
    George

once i get myself an ssp i will be joining this league, just wish there was still a recharged pistol category so i could enter with my new/first ever target pistol, a lovely Steyr LP1
    Beretta AL391 Teknys Stonecoat 28", CZ 452 Style .22lr, Grand Power K22, Rem 700 .308 in GRS Stock, Marlin .357, Tikka T3 Varmint .223, Miroku MK38