Thread: 2015 Autumn/Winter 6 yard MPL Postal Competition

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    Well done Bob good scores too, I think my alecto is rather nice too but hate the trigger but not taken it to bits yet to investigate as I've too many projects on the go at this moment in time.
    Russ it's nice to have you with us and you are only just up the road too.

Beast cheers

George
    Hi George,

I bought my Alecto s/h but in very nice (unmarked) cosmetic condition some time ago.

Because I did not buy it from new I have no idea if it has been "improved" by any previous owner, but there are no signs of any tools being used on it and so I guess it is in an un-molested condition as supplied from the factory.....and I was able to buy it at a very reasonable price too!

I have used the trigger as it is and with no modifications at all and found it to be quite acceptable and the recoilless action is really impressive for such a cheaply made pistol.........and it is British too!

The NEMESIS is made to look like an automatic live fire pistol and I don't really like any form of "replica" firearm (I prefer air pistols to look like air pistols) but this one just works well although I would have preferred it to have had a better grip ( with a palm shelf!) but the NEMESIS was never designed to be a target pistol.

......and this makes it's performance even more impressive in my opinion .......and with a better shooter holding it I am sure it could turn in some remarkably good scores.

I wonder what can be done with the newer Webley Alecto? - another a cheaply made SSP from Webley that looks bulky but does not weigh too much and should be capable of similar performances.
    Last edited by zooma; 07-10-2015 at 07:28 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.