Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HW100 bullpup

Quote Originally Posted by riku View Post
    It could work with very light trigger, the issues I had were with my Blizzard and it has fairly stiff hammer spring pushing against the sear to provide that 220 fpe.
    220fpe, amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    220fpe, amazing.
    109 grain slugs flying at 960 fps😊 It's built for our silhouette competitions where we shoot black powder silhouettes at 100m.
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

Home made pup

Started to make a bullpup stock this afternoon from the same ash branch i used for my crosman, bit of a pain cutting planks from a 12" dia log with a sabre saw, did it though, my tools are a bit rough and ready but it gets the job done eventually
    http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/...lpup%20009.jpg

Its still got a way to go but its taking shape, oh and there's also a pic of the other side of the ratty i hope.

Regards, Mark.
    How's it going mark. ?

Quote Originally Posted by j rayner View Post
    How's it going mark. ?
    Hi, ok thanks for asking, the HW stock has moved on a little bit but work has slowed things down a bit, i include a couple of pics, i need to fit the action next hopefully i will get to that today.

Regards, Mark.

looking cool mate

Hi, ok thanks for asking, the HW stock has moved on a little bit but work has slowed things down a bit, i include a couple of pics, i need to fit the action next hopefully i will get to that today.

Regards, Mark.

that looks tottaly unique..the klingons will be after that for sure.well done fella.i made a start on my stock yesterday,[laminate]i havent got a gun yet so not made a move on marking it out yet as im not sure about where to put the pistol grip etc.am still looking for a 177 or 20 hw100.thanks for the update.tops.atb jez

that looks tottaly unique..the klingons will be after that for sure.well done fella.i made a start on my stock yesterday,[laminate]i havent got a gun yet so not made a move on marking it out yet as im not sure about where to put the pistol grip etc.am still looking for a 177 or 20 hw100.thanks for the update.tops.atb jez
    Jez the pistol grip should be relative to the position of the butt pad, ideally if you push the pad into the crook of your elbow your hand should naturally fall onto the pistol grip, works for me, now you need to decide where you want the action to start,mine is set well back at 25mm from the end of the wood,pad not fitted yet, which will put my trigger between the scope rail mounting ring and cylinder mounting ring between which i can create the trigger mounting i hope.
    Regards, Mark.

cheers mate

Jez the pistol grip should be relative to the position of the butt pad, ideally if you push the pad into the crook of your elbow your hand should naturally fall onto the pistol grip, works for me, now you need to decide where you want the action to start,mine is set well back at 25mm from the end of the wood,pad not fitted yet, which will put my trigger between the scope rail mounting ring and cylinder mounting ring between which i can create the trigger mounting i hope.
    Regards, Mark.
    thanks for the advice mark.i think i have oversized my laminate blank at 810mmx250mmx53mm.as i dont have a gun to work with yet im thinking to leave it aloan carving wise to see what can be cut away and what to leave on.am busting to get a gun but a bit short of cash at the mo.selling stuff to gain funds.usual stuff eh.atb jez

thanks for the advice mark.i think i have oversized my laminate blank at 810mmx250mmx53mm.as i dont have a gun to work with yet im thinking to leave it aloan carving wise to see what can be cut away and what to leave on.am busting to get a gun but a bit short of cash at the mo.selling stuff to gain funds.usual stuff eh.atb jez
    In the same boat mate, at least the stock will be free

Action fitted into stock

brill

thats looking good mate.ceep us informed.bet you carnt wait to get out and shoot it.have you managed to do anything with the trigger linkage ?
    Last edited by j rayner; 29-06-2015 at 11:37 AM.

thats looking good mate.ceep us informed.bet you carnt wait to get out and shoot it.have you managed to do anything with the trigger linkage ?
    Thanks, thought of a really easy way to do the trigger link. Basically a bent rod attached to the guns trigger then winds its way through to the trigger guard and thats it could be a button or a blade that slides back and forth, it wont be hinged, i plan to route it through a hole drilled through the cylinder band, really simple but effective. Something wierd, when i pick the gun up it feels heavier than with the original stock but its about the same, maybe an illusion due to smaller size, also with a lot of the weight to the rear when its shouldered there seems to be hardly any weight at all in the forend which makes it really steady on aim, need a scope rail extension now.
    Last edited by buttloaves; 29-06-2015 at 04:12 PM.

sounding good

keep us informed.ps.i have a roughter,plane,various sanders,jigsaw,chisels files etc.what other tools do you find handy for carving the stock.i was thinking may be a dremmel and power file /sander
    Last edited by j rayner; 29-06-2015 at 07:33 PM.

more of a bump realy

any news on the trigger mech dude ?

keep us informed.ps.i have a roughter,plane,various sanders,jigsaw,chisels files etc.what other tools do you find handy for carving the stock.i was thinking may be a dremmel and power file /sander
    Dremel with various bits, those sanding drums are good really shifts the wood, and a 5" angle grinder with floppy discs for shaping, and a band saw unless you can get extra long blades for your jigsaw, i had to cut mine from both sides as the blade wouldn't go all the way through.. if you remove the sole plate off the jigsaw it can be used for carving as well.

cheers fella

Dremel with various bits, those sanding drums are good really shifts the wood, and a 5" angle grinder with floppy discs for shaping, and a band saw unless you can get extra long blades for your jigsaw, i had to cut mine from both sides as the blade wouldn't go all the way through.. if you remove the sole plate off the jigsaw it can be used for carving as well.
    i have moste of that stuff,just need a dremmel and a band sander