Thread: Diana original mod 66 foresight advice

Diana original mod 66 foresight advice

hi all im restoring a mod 66 but im missing a foresight and also the wheel mechanism which holds the diopter to the rail could anyone tell me were to find these or does anyone have these lurking about .... or is there an alternative foresight .....are the foresight rail grooves pretty standard on most makers or totally different I.e fwb anschutz ect
    Thanks in advance
    A CUP WITHOUT A HANDLE IS A BOWL BUT A HANDLE WITHOUT A BOWL IS USELESS

Quote Originally Posted by ianbobo1 View Post
    hi all im restoring a mod 66 but im missing a foresight and also the wheel mechanism which holds the diopter to the rail could anyone tell me were to find these or does anyone have these lurking about .... or is there an alternative foresight .....are the foresight rail grooves pretty standard on most makers or totally different I.e fwb anschutz ect
    Thanks in advance

Air Arms do a pretty cheap front and rear diopter set that would probably fit.

http://ant-supplies.co.uk/Pages/Fron...gunSights.aspx

http://ant-supplies.co.uk/Pages/Diop...gunSights.aspx

Hi there thanks john but im looking for something a bit more in keeping with the age and quality of the original one ... but as I say thanks anyway my friend

Hi mate, there are some fore sight parts on chambers list for the 66, not cheap though
    Protek supplies have the little gears for the cocking mechanism too but 25 quid a go. :O
    Rust never sleeps !

Diopter wheel thing - I want one too!

If you find a source for the diopter wheel thing, please let me know. Lost mine years ago after scoping my 66. Cheers.

Hi elgarro yes they are £50 for the front sight :0 as you say and the cock wheel is £20 on chambers which I do need one of as it happens but as geezer says its the diopter wheel thingy I need lol

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Original 66

I coached a school team that had Original 66's, the kids specialized in loosing the rear sight wheel and square nut so I used an alternative.

The Anschutz old style steel and alloy rear sight (and there are dozens about s/h) are both excellent quality and period, the just need a few minutes with a sharp scraper to open out the dovetails and they fit perfectly.

Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Hi robin thanks .... it seems a shame to do away with the original so if they are like rocking horse plop to find the square nut and wheel I might see if I can fabricate something ... ive nothing to loose

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Ian
    I also used the Original sights and drilled and tapped them and used 4 mm allen grub screws to lock them but probably not suitable for you if you are looking to keep originality. If you have the wheel, that is very hard and not easy or suitable to retap to different thread as the thread in that and the square is an odd one (I tried that as well!).
    They are as rare as the proverbial, but it's not rocket science to make a wheel and new square if you are a collector, there are a few people about who'd beg for them.
    Best of luck,
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?