Thread: 100 yards with a 11.7 ft/lbs .177 Theoben ttr

100 yards with a 11.7 ft/lbs .177 Theoben ttr

Well I've been having a play with chairgun and printed out a table and last night was the first wind free night in a while so off I went for a plink...using the table from chairgun I could hit bottle caps out to 65 yards with some decent consistency 65 yards was max as I started to run out of elevation turret.. Scope is a hawke sidewinder 6-24x56 1/2 mil dot I use the mil dots for when hunting but for this stuff I dial the turret...now I have shimmed the scope rail on my ttr and I've got enough elevation adjustment for 100 yards...so after I zero the gun in again (had to remove the scope to shim) at my local indoor range 25 yards and wait for a calm day what sort of grouping do you think is possible at 100 yards with pellets straight from the tin and shooting from bi pod taking me out the picture as I'll always let the gun down as I'm no super shot by any means but can shoot to a reasonable standard..
    Slow is smooth and smooth is fast

Quote Originally Posted by ROOKIE SNIPER1 View Post
    Well I've been having a play with chairgun and printed out a table and last night was the first wind free night in a while so off I went for a plink...using the table from chairgun I could hit bottle caps out to 65 yards with some decent consistency 65 yards was max as I started to run out of elevation turret.. Scope is a hawke sidewinder 6-24x56 1/2 mil dot I use the mil dots for when hunting but for this stuff I dial the turret...now I have shimmed the scope rail on my ttr and I've got enough elevation adjustment for 100 yards...so after I zero the gun in again (had to remove the scope to shim) at my local indoor range 25 yards and wait for a calm day what sort of grouping do you think is possible at 100 yards with pellets straight from the tin and shooting from bi pod taking me out the picture as I'll always let the gun down as I'm no super shot by any means but can shoot to a reasonable standard..
    For some reason .177 just doesn't seem to cut it at 100M. I can do sub 1/2" with 12 fpe .177 Scorpion at 50M but at 100M I'm lucky to stay at the A4 target paper. My FAC .22 Scorpion on the other hand can print 2" or smaller groups at 100M.
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

Zero scope

HI,If I want to shoot tighter groups at 25 metres should I zero at 10 metres and then again at 25m or just at 25m. Sounds like you should know! Any help please?

Could that be because the .22 is running fac and will still will have plenty velocity left at that range where the sub 12 .177 is really slowing down ?

Could that be because the .22 is running fac and will still will have plenty velocity left at that range where the sub 12 .177 is really slowing down ?
    It's not just that. There have been some serious efforts to make .177 at FAC power levels to work in Dutch 100M comps without success. I think it's mostly about ballistics. .22 pellets have better BC than .177 and then the barrel twist rate and velocity comes to play not to mention transonic layer effects and other voodoo. Eventually it comes to testing stuff and so far .177 has proven inferior to .22 at long range. Of course .22 has hard time keeping up with .25 but there are .22s high on the Dutch 100M scoreboards so it can be done.
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,

If I could achieve a 3 inch group I'd be really happy

If I could achieve a 3 inch group I'd be really happy
    Well, let us know how it went then.

I will do mate once I get set up do some practice till try get the go pro set up

You could remove the shims and dial in to your Max range then use the mi dots should get you out to 100 easy enough Atb Mike
    A few nice rifles

my .20 mfr maxed out on turret and milldots does very well at 100 yards, on a good day i can hit a 40mm spinner more times than i miss, thats off a bean bag.