Thread: Grease For CO2 Pistols???

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!

Grease For CO2 Pistols???

Hello guys,

I'm new to the World of CO2 pistols and I have noticed that both my guns came with some grease around the hammer area, trigger etc...can anyone tell me what type of grease it is likely to be or can anyone recommend one suitable for the job please?

Many thanks for the help.

Chris
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

A good moly based grease will do the job, I use abbey LT2 moly grease, bisley moly gun grease would also me fine, moly based grease I perfect for metal on metal, springs and moving parts..

Do not use a silicone based grease on metal to metal parts.. Only use silicone on things like rubber seals..

ATB, marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    A good moly based grease will do the job, I use abbey LT2 moly grease, bisley moly gun grease would also me fine, moly based grease I perfect for metal on metal, springs and moving parts..

Do not use a silicone based grease on metal to metal parts.. Only use silicone on things like rubber seals..

ATB, marc..
    Thank you very much for your help. I was thinking about trying Abbey LT2 so it's good to have it confirmed that it's suitable.

Cheers.
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Quote Originally Posted by chris u'5 View Post
    Hello guys,

I'm new to the World of CO2 pistols and I have noticed that both my guns came with some grease around the hammer area, trigger etc...can anyone tell me what type of grease it is likely to be or can anyone recommend one suitable for the job please?

Many thanks for the help.

Chris
    I wouldn't use grease in areas that are open to dirt & grit.

For triggers, hammers, slide rails etc - I'd use gun oil. Because it's thin, and tends to wash grit away rather than picking it up and using it like grinding paste.

Grease is best used in captive areas... that's my opinion anyway

"Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I wouldn't use grease in areas that are open to dirt & grit.

For triggers, hammers, slide rails etc - I'd use gun oil. Because it's thin, and tends to wash grit away rather than picking it up and using it like grinding paste.

Grease is best used in captive areas... that's my opinion anyway
    I'd go along with that....not sure why some manufactures slop grease all over.

Then there are some that build guns with some weird white grease inside...often not even on the working parts In such cases oil solved the problem of excess friction. Moly grease worked equally well in the enclosed area.