Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .25 Cal. Air Pistols ?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

.25 Cal. Air Pistols ?

Never seem to see many out there........do they exist and if so what's their main purpose ?
    “An airgun or two”………

.25 cal air pistols

Have heard of a HW45 in 25cal but not sure if it made to special order by a gunsmith. Think it was just that the guy wanted to try out all the cals for comparison.

Wil

I have a brass .25 barrel for a HW45, and had a .25 Tempest which was one of a few made at the Webley factory although not for retail, but apart from those I don't know of any others, although there may well be others out there.

.25 Cal Air Pistol

How close to the limit do they run and is the brass barrel smooth or rifled bud.

Wil

It's professionally made with very fine multi groove rifling.
    I have no idea of the power capabilities, as I've never fitted it.

Not sure there's any out there other than one-offs and commission builds; closest you'll get is probably a 6mm BB/airsoft weapon. Even the Hatsan Magnum 25 is only available in .177 or .22.

at one bit you could buy a .25 barrel from hw for the 45, my 45 is .177 and i fitted a .22 barrel, disappointing would be an understatement! uk limit air pistols are best suited to .177, 6 foot pound is nowhere near powerful enough to push a .22 pellet at a speed needed to get decent range or spin stabilisation. my experience says 10m is the max for a 1/2 decent grouping, (.177 its closer to 20m)
    the .22 barrel i had was specially made and was 1/2 inch longer than the standard barrel, just to try and get that few extra fps, (me and a few others think that to get the same accuracy and range with a .22 hw45 as the .177, the .22 barrel would have to be at least 4 inch longer than stranded)
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Isn't the Air Force on Trophy coming out in .25 version called the 635 ??
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Steve...

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    It's professionally made with very fine multi groove rifling.
    I have no idea of the power capabilities, as I've never fitted it.
    ...Harper.

Frankly speaking, 0.25" in a pistol at UK limits you might as well throw the pellets at the target
    Pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by sbd View Post
    ...Harper.

Frankly speaking, 0.25" in a pistol at UK limits you might as well throw the pellets at the target
    Going by the quality of it, you may well be correct as it is the sort of thing Steve used to make, but I didn't buy it from him.

I...

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Going by the quality of it, you may well be correct as it is the sort of thing Steve used to make, but I didn't buy it from him.
    ...won't tell you how he made them then
    Pardon?

The Trophy is made in .25.
    I have held but not shot a Harper Wolf in .25.

My Wolf is .22 and with a light .25 pellet I don't see why the bigger calibre would not be fun.

Wish I had bought the .25 Wolf when I had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    The Trophy is made in .25.
    I have held but not shot a Harper Wolf in .25.

My Wolf is .22 and with a light .25 pellet I don't see why the bigger calibre would not be fun.

Wish I had bought the .25 Wolf when I had the chance.
    Don't get me wrong .22-.25 pistols are fun to shoot..for about 10 mins, then the pronounced trajectory gets annoying
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

After a stressful week I require air pistols that blow holes in baked bean cans and/or send them flying.
    Not shoot little holes in target cards.

Although I do have that type as well.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Way back when I fired a Harper converted Saxby-Palmer Orion Six TAC revolver. I got all six pellets into a 1/2" circle two-handed at 10m. It was totally cool, it even recoilled a little like a rimfire loaded with .22 Short.

The velocity seemed fine, when I asked the owner there was some evasion but finally I got the impression that it was fine because it was putting out 9 fpe!