Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FX Wildcat

FX Wildcat

Got my new FX Wildcat yesterday in 22 it is awesome.hopefully going to find time to scope it in tomorrow, then rabbits and rats look out, got the gun from Cheshire Gun Room Stockport the service we received was brilliant they could not do enough, we walked in morning lads would you like a cup of tea, we then got down to business and the sale went sweet, couple of freebies and we were back on our way home highly delighted.
    Lloyd

brill

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd57 View Post
    Got my new FX Wildcat yesterday in 22 it is awesome.hopefully going to find time to scope it in tomorrow, then rabbits and rats look out, got the gun from Cheshire Gun Room Stockport the service we received was brilliant they could not do enough, we walked in morning lads would you like a cup of tea, we then got down to business and the sale went sweet, couple of freebies and we were back on our way home highly delighted.
    Lloyd
    we need a full review.accuracy etc.o and a vid if poss or some pics.yum yum

Just waiting for the 177s to arrive Cheshire gun rooms have been very helpfull so il be buying there , just waiting to see how they get on with the colorbris ( humming bird ) before i make my decision . Got to blame Dave Goodall for the soon to be hole in my wallet Dave has been a bit of a guru on my pup search

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Just waiting for the 177s to arrive Cheshire gun rooms have been very helpfull so il be buying there , just waiting to see how they get on with the colorbris ( humming bird ) before i make my decision . Got to blame Dave Goodall for the soon to be hole in my wallet Dave has been a bit of a guru on my pup search

are they still saying august ????
    AA S410 .177k Ben taylored HW100KT .177 HW100KT .20. FX Wildcat .22

Some reports from US, nor very encouraging:

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/...topic=91928.60
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

any one with a uk gun had any issues yet

Spoke to Simon on Thursday (I think) one phone call about them at that point & that was it was low powered, he sorted it out over the phone - looking good Still saving for mine

Wildcat

Put nearly a tin full of pellets through mine so far and no complaints!

Power was a bit low , but that was soon sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by chip7 View Post

how did you sort the power out has your mag been cycling ok and the pin look solid on cocking lever ???

Quote Originally Posted by chip7 View Post

whats accuracy like what pellets do the sb like ?

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    Very happy with mine. I've put about 4-500 through it.
    Very accurate indeed.
    A bit squirrelly offhand, but I'm getting used to it, needs a different hold perhaps, maybe weight beyond the muzzle.
    Mag cycles well, I put a smear of tippex on the outer diameter so I can track when my last shot is coming up.
    Need to get extra mag and a barrel clamp and maybe extra baffle - not for quietness, it is super quiet, but as a means of putting extra weight as above.
    Likes JSB exacts, but I've got a dozen samples from PelletPerfect to put through it next week.
    Suits MTC Connect scope on low mounts very well.

Mine has also dropped power from 11.5 to 10 as it has settled in.
    I'd also be glad to know how I can dial it back up, though I know the topic is verboten here, so I won't ask (hint hint, I like getting PMs).

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the extra shots (well over 300 per fill) and extra quietness that comes with low power.
    My knackered L shoulder has thanked me for buying a lighter gun and even in comparison to my HW100TK, this is much easier.
    Though it is not quite as light as the spec says. My scales say 2.9kg (yes, I allowed for weight of air in cylinder).
    The cocking position is perfect (fnarr-fnarr).

Wildcat

The mag has cycled faultlessly so far.

Of the limited .22 pellets I have at the mo it likes Air Arms DF the best, was ok with Superdomes and hates Logan Penetrators!

Initially put a Hawke Panorama on it but swapped to a Viper Connect which seems to suit the gun much better.

I did however manage to shoot my finger !

After the scope swap I settled down at my bench to put a few mags worth through it and being so short ,my finger was in front of the muzzle and not the air cylinder!

Lesson learnt there!

Thanks for the updates

Ceep it coming folks. Pics would be nice. Gun and grouping. Distances. ??

Quote Originally Posted by j rayner View Post
    Ceep it coming folks. Pics would be nice. Gun and grouping. Distances. ??

yeah would be so tempted to get a .22 aswell

Quote Originally Posted by clunge View Post
    Very happy with mine. I've put about 4-500 through it.
    Very accurate indeed.
    A bit squirrelly offhand, but I'm getting used to it, needs a different hold perhaps, maybe weight beyond the muzzle.
    Mag cycles well, I put a smear of tippex on the outer diameter so I can track when my last shot is coming up.
    Need to get extra mag and a barrel clamp and maybe extra baffle - not for quietness, it is super quiet, but as a means of putting extra weight as above.
    Likes JSB exacts, but I've got a dozen samples from PelletPerfect to put through it next week.
    Suits MTC Connect scope on low mounts very well.

Mine has also dropped power from 11.5 to 10 as it has settled in.
    I'd also be glad to know how I can dial it back up, though I know the topic is verboten here, so I won't ask (hint hint, I like getting PMs).

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the extra shots (well over 300 per fill) and extra quietness that comes with low power.
    My knackered L shoulder has thanked me for buying a lighter gun and even in comparison to my HW100TK, this is much easier.
    Though it is not quite as light as the spec says. My scales say 2.9kg (yes, I allowed for weight of air in cylinder).
    The cocking position is perfect (fnarr-fnarr).
    Give Simon at ASI a ring & he'll talk you through it - he'll also appreciate the feed-back