Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: FX Wildcat

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    You keep poking your fingers in your ears and doing the 'can't hear you ...' thing, and the rest of us can get on with the real world, mate.

Tell me, do you still think that email from the Home Office was 'created', or do you now accept it is genuine? Just so we know what we're dealing with, here.
    My fingers are well clear of my ears, and eyes.... "Real world" that should be re-written to your world, where your word is law and all others should accept your preachings.

For clarification I'm not your mate, we have never even met to be become aquainted, please do not address me as such.

I have no proof of the emails origin, so I neither believe or disbelive the integrity of it, and you appear to be deliberately missing my point on that subject. All I have asked for is proof of the HO clarifying that the previous HOC has been amended, that amendment can only come in the form of another HOC, if it exists then lets see it. Or maybe you could at keast confirm that it does exist if you are not willing to post a scanned copy of it.

We differed in the previously locked thread, the one in which I affirmed my opinion that this has more to do with the GTA trying to protect revenue by blocking movements from the EU. i stand by the opinion due to your affirmation that the GTA requested the meeting, a meeting that did not appear necessary for many years previously but had suddenly become the most important risk to air gunning since the unmentionable subject.

On topic

Have any FX users come across the FX smooth twist pellets, in the square tin. I haven't seen any prices, but I think they are in 400s, so that usually seems to mean more expensive. Apparently they are suitable for use in regular rifled barrels too
    Pick up your gun, shove a bullet up the spout
    It's the Major Dennis Bloodnok Rock'n' Roll Call Tango

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post

We differed in the previously locked thread, the one in which I affirmed my opinion that this has more to do with the GTA trying to protect revenue by blocking movements from the EU. i stand by the opinion due to your affirmation that the GTA requested the meeting, a meeting that did not appear necessary for many years previously but had suddenly become the most important risk to air gunning since the unmentionable subject.
    OK, so can you explain the connection between the GTA seeking clarification for its members on the SA issue, and 'blocking movements from the EU'.

I have had several of my readers contact me to ask if SA rifles are OK to buy, so, wishing to provide reliable information, I asked the GTA to advise me. The GTA has over 700 members, most of which are RFDs, and some of those had also enquired about the legality of SA rifles. Thus, as it is duty bound to do and not wishing to wrongly advise hundreds of RFDs that importing SA rifles is OK, the GTA discussed this matter with the Home Office.

That's it. Your concluding sentence is, like many of your 'points', entirely of your own invention. I know no more than what has been sent to me by the GTA and the Home Office, and both communications have been posted on this BBS. Now, please show me where this whole thing has been about 'the GTA trying to protect revenue', as you have repeatedly claimed. Or does your insistence on evidence not apply to yourself?

Finally, you know that email from Adam Lassman at the Home Office is genuine, as does everyone else. Your refusal to accept that confirms what I said in the opening sentence in my previous reply to you.

Have a good weekend, mate.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    With all the talk about a meeting with the Home Office and their subsequent email, one would have thought that HM Customs will have been made aware of the situation. Has anyone any knowledge of SA rifle imports from the EU being embargoed?
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Errr, no. I expect they still have in front of them a numbered HOME OFFICE CIRCULAR, explaining that SA is not illegal.
    Last edited by CORKY.; 27-06-2015 at 06:51 PM.
    Pick up your gun, shove a bullet up the spout
    It's the Major Dennis Bloodnok Rock'n' Roll Call Tango

evenbad Guest
    2 more S/A I know of were purchased this week with no hassle whatsoever, shame to hijack this thread what about admins unlocking the S/A thread as its like a dog with a bone to some people who just cant except that we want to buy what we want not be told what to do !!!

evenbad Guest
    Finally, you know that email from Adam Lassman at the Home Office is genuine, as does everyone else. Your refusal to accept that confirms what I said in the opening sentence in my previous reply to you.

Just had to point this out as well
    Mr Lassman's email is, whilst genuine, is contradictory to his own departments earlier HOC (68/097)
    Would also like to ask GTA or Trade Members or even MR. T.D. as he is a leading authority on the law which affect us.
    Walther CP88 Co2 pistol (and numerous similar) are they in affect section 5 or did the GTA forget to mention these S/A guns which have been sold by their members for a number of years without custodial sentences being served!
    Look forward to any of the above replying ! doubt it very much.
    Last edited by evenbad; 27-06-2015 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by evenbad View Post

Just had to point this out as well
    Mr Lassman's email is, whilst genuine, is contradictory to his own departments earlier HOC (68/097)
    Would also like to ask GTA or Trade Members or even MR. T.D. as he is a leading authority on the law which affect us.
    Walther CP88 Co2 pistol (and numerous similar) are they in affect section 5 or did the GTA forget to mention these S/A guns which have been sold by their members for a number of years without custodial sentences being served!
    Look forward to any of the above replying ! doubt it very much.
    I'll reply, no problem. Then you can answer my questions as I've attempted to answer yours.

First, what absolute idiot told you that I was 'a leading authority on the law'? Whoever it was clearly has no idea of what they are talking about. If this claim is another of your inventions, please admit it.

If Adam Lassman's email of a couple of weeks ago is contradictory to a circular issued 18 years ago, then please ask him to explain it. After requests from readers, I needed to know the current legal status of SA rifles, and I'm grateful to Mr Lassman for providing that information, unsolicited, and allowing me to post it on this forum.

As for the status of the CP88 and the others, that's actually a more complicated issue than most, including me, can fully grasp. I've been told by those who know much more than I do about the macro-mechanics of what actually makes a gun a true semi-auto, that the CP88 and its kind are revolvers, due to the way it loads its pellets. I'm sure that will be clarified in time. However that clarification turns out, it will be the Home Office that decides it, not the GTA, and certainly not me.

Now, please tell me what you believe I've done wrong throughout any of this. You've so far claimed I'm some leading authority on the law, which is wrong. You've also claimed I've tried to stop you having your say on this subject, which again is wrong. So, come on, what exactly, apart from doing my best to provide reliable information to my readers, have I done that is wrong?
    Last edited by Terry D; 27-06-2015 at 09:31 PM.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Why is it every time I go on this thread I want to see information or review on the fx wildcat,
    and every time I see nothing about it, I think its time to lock this thread and move on.
    Atb bob.

Quote Originally Posted by cumbrianbob View Post
    Why is it every time I go on this thread I want to see information or review on the fx wildcat,
    and every time I see nothing about it, I think its time to lock this thread and move on.
    Atb bob.
    Its not even out yet so how can there be any real info on it....

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Its not even out yet so how can there be any real info on it....
    Been out for a couple of weeks in.22 now mate

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cumbrianbob View Post
    Atb bob.

Unfortunately bud, there are some people on other forums that seem to have a bee in they bonnets about wording,,, and they have their little puppets to ask the question as they are banned from here for other reasons

Believe me I'm sick to the back teeth of these clowns but once they are proved wrong like always, hopefully we can get back to good reviews and shooting story's

Ps unfortunately is a 13 letter word for those keeping score
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

evenbad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    Unfortunately bud, there are some people on other forums that seem to have a bee in they bonnets about wording,,, and they have their little puppets to ask the question as they are banned from here for other reasons

Believe me I'm sick to the back teeth of these clowns but once they are proved wrong like always, hopefully we can get back to good reviews and shooting story's

Ps unfortunately is a 13 letter word for those keeping score
    Agree with the OP open up the thread back on S/A as its in everyone's interest

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by evenbad View Post
    Agree with the OP open up the thread back on S/A as its in everyone's interest
    No it went nowhere last time and doubt it will this time
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE