Thread: Barpc summer sizzler this year

Post Barpc summer sizzler this year

Will be somewhat different

Yes folks, the annual Summer Sizzler which has been running since around 2001 is off on holiday for this year only.

Why pray you ask? Well, whilst trawling through the back of the club shed amongst empty tins of Milbro Slugs and John Bull waisted pellet boxes and a pair of very manky pink socks which at some time must have belonged to Gary C (no idea how they got there), we came across reference to the "Nockover Classic".

Now this for those of you old enough, was the name of our old Easter time event and used to comprise of a HFT, FT and other discipline such as the running boar target, started way back when Jurassic World was a real and you could spot a few old dinosaurs prowling around. Indeed if you searched hard enough you might even have seen the odd "trusty Airsporter with self loading Tap in .22" making a very rare appearance whilst getting to grips with the Longbottomosaurus.

Anyway I digress, the reason for this thread is that we’ve decided to resurrect, for one year only, “THE” Nockover Classic in celebration of our 40th Birthday which is taking place this year. Yes, we've been here for quite a while now and thought we should suitably mark the occasion.

We will be holding a medley shoot on the 27th September 2015 with a 30 shot HFT, a 20 shot Pistol HFT and our devious and dastardly TAG (Tactical Airgun) competition, the format we devised several years ago which makes normal HFT like popping balloons in a tub with a shotgun.

The cost will be £10.00 for all 3 events and will include a souvenir badge for all shooters.

Refreshments will be available as usual from Mehmet.

Initial details here http://barpc.org.uk/docs/40th%20Anni...y%20Medley.pdf

More details to follow but get the date in your diaries, especially any of you who thought you had hung up your boingers and 4x mag scopes since you last attended. Former club members especially welcome.

Hope to see you there

Bob
    Last edited by Prone Shooter; 11-08-2015 at 09:59 PM.
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

It's a date

or it would be if i knew what day its on?

whats the actual day that you will be holding it on please Bob, the odd Senior moment creeps in far to easily now!
    but i don't see why we can't gather a few of the Hobbit's of the Meon to stretch their fat stumpy hairy legs (and that's just the woman ) and march on Basingstoke, time we got a bit of revenge with a couple of your boy's nicking our beer and all!!

ATb
    Mike
    HFT.......SAVED MY SANITY 🤡
    59er HW100 barreled Steyr Lg110 + Sightron s111 10×42
    Beware the man with one gun.

Quote Originally Posted by happydad View Post
    or it would be if i knew what day its on?

whats the actual day that you will be holding it on please Bob, the odd Senior moment creeps in far to easily now!
    but i don't see why we can't gather a few of the Hobbit's of the Meon to stretch their fat stumpy hairy legs (and that's just the woman ) and march on Basingstoke, time we got a bit of revenge with a couple of your boy's nicking our beer and all!!

ATb
    Mike
    I was working on a "need to know basis", that way, with no one else turning up I reckon I had a chance of winning

It was late last night Mike, or that's my excuse. As to the beer, I'm still waiting for the Tithe afforded to the club secretary to appear from Colin

Regards

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

im pretty sure all of meon will attend bob.
    Air Arms tx200 .177 mtc mamba lite 4-16x44
    Daystate platinum .177 Mtc viper 10x44
    Daystate airwolf MVT .177..Mtc mamba lite 3-12x44...meon valley airgun club.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    A clash with R8 of the UKAHFT at Cambridge means a lot of the 'elite' won't be at Popham Woods.

So I know where I shall be

Sizzler booking in my diary, Bob, and looking forward to it

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    A clash with R8 of the UKAHFT at Cambridge means a lot of the 'elite' won't be at Popham Woods.

So I know where I shall be

Sizzler booking in my diary, Bob, and looking forward to it

Biggles
    Just updated the initial post Mike.

Pleased that you can join us and hopefully there will be a few more as this will be our biggest open event for quite some time. A whole days shooting for a tenner and certainly more than 30 shots worth

It's not every day that a club gets to celebrate 40 years and this is one way to share it with as many of our friends and previous supporters as possible.

Regards

Bob

BARPC

Getting closer folks. Badges have arrived and they look right smart, just need you all to turn up and have a cracking day out. I've started a thread on the general events page if anyone has any questions they want answering.

Bob

BARPC