Thread: shotgun check list

shotgun check list

1 buy the best you can afford = for me it was a new silver pidgeon.
    2 have the gun fitted = fitted by teague 2 months ago
    3 get some nice looking chokes = bought a 1/4 and 1/2 extended teague chokes today
    result should equal a higher score after a lot of practice.shooting on sunday so i hope to do well

4. Post in the reloading section?
    Thanks for looking

Shotgun check list

Quote Originally Posted by ZaksGod View Post
    1 buy the best you can afford = for me it was a new silver pidgeon.
    2 have the gun fitted = fitted by teague 2 months ago
    3 get some nice looking chokes = bought a 1/4 and 1/2 extended teague chokes today
    result should equal a higher score after a lot of practice.shooting on sunday so i hope to do well
    You have done well by having your gun set up to suit you, but, you need to actually pattern it to see what the pattern tightness and quality is as well as where the centre of the pattern lies i.e. left/right high or low. Only the pattern board will tell you this. Maybe your Teague choke tubes will give you the pattern quality you were hoping for and with the ammo you intend to use. Just because it demolishes clay targets does not guarantee it is the best pattern. For example it might pattern like a "rifle" and vapourise any clay that you hit but be less than perfect when you don't centre it. It is also possible you have patterns that you could throw a dinner plate through as well. Pattern the gun, try different ammo until you achieve what you want.

Cheers

Peter