Thread: Screw wanted for Webley Mk 3 Supertarget Anschutz rear sight

Screw wanted for Webley Mk 3 Supertarget Anschutz rear sight

I am hoping that a member of this collectors "Gentlemens Club" may have a spare screw to fit the Anschutz model 6706 rear sight as fitted to my Webley Mk 3 Supertarget or can advise me where I may be able to buy one as a spare part (a bit optimistic I think).

The screw I am looking for is the large headed horizontally mounted locking screw that anchors the sight to the abbreviated sight mount fitted to the Mk 3 Supertarget.

Both of the side clamping screws are in place - it is only this one large headed securing screw that I need to complete the sight.

I would consider buying a Model 6706 rear sight as long as it was complete with the screw I need although that would be a shame if it were possible to complete the one I already have rather than have to leave it incomplete without this part.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thumbs up

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index...=366&sprache=1 the sight spare parts list are here if that helps
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index...=366&sprache=1 the sight spare parts list are here if that helps
    Thanks for the link.

I have found the 6706 rear sight on their site and contacted them about supplying the spare part that I need but the sight shown on their downloads does not show the same main sight casting as used on the 1975- Mk3 Supertarget - but it does show a "stop screw" so maybe this will fit.

It could be that there were variations in the main sight casting and perhaps the one used on the Mk3 Supertarget was adopted to make it fit on the very short rear sight mount used on this rifle .The stop screw is quite important on the Mk3 ST to stop the sight slipping back due to the recoil.

The main casting on this "sub variant" is not shown, but the stop screw shown also has no obvious location on the main body casting illustrated either so I am guessing this must be the case.

I will let you know how I get on and if this part is available and if it will fit my sight.

I managed to find the correct part number on the Anschutz site - but they have no stock so my search for this sight locking wheel continues.

Does anybody have any other idea about where to try next?