Thread: Decent air pistol for corporate events? - Co2 ideally

Cool Decent air pistol for corporate events? - Co2 ideally

Hi All,

After having some really good feedback with regards to buying an air rifle for corporate events I am now looking to buy 4 air pistols for plinking.
    I want to mix things up a bit, I have gone for the HW30 for the rifle side of things so thinking of maybe going for a Co2 powered pistol instead of a springer so there is a bit of variety.

I have done a bit of research and it would seem that the Crossman 2240 seems very popular, also the Umarex Smith and Wesson 586 in .177 but seems very pricey. Any of these recommended?

Are there any other pistols to consider which would fit the below requirements?

Either .177 or .22 pellet

User friendly with reliable build quality

Good gas efficiency on a 12 gram

Huge thanks in Advance

Mark
    Last edited by Mauserman; 22-06-2015 at 04:05 PM.

The 2240 has to offer the best bang for your bucks. An excellent accurate full power pistol but I would replace the plastic breach if it is going to get handled by a lot of people (you would also have to fit replacement sights). The pistol, breach and a cheap red dot could probably be had for £150.

The EB22 is a similar pistol and you could also consider the crosman 357\vigilante if you wanted a cheap, accurate multishot. They are plastic but have a good reputation.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Hi there,
    Have a look at 'lov 21' pistols.
    Cheers,
    Rob.

Hi mate, if you was to go for any of the umarex pistols, beretta 92fs, CP88, S&W 586 - 686, OR THE 1911a1, You would be very happy, yup these guns are quite pricey but thay are all great quality and built to last, my beretta 92fs for example is 10 years old and still going strong, not only are they good quality but you can get all the parts for them.. Out of the 4 though the S&W 686 -586 are the less efficient giving around 40-50 accuracte shots per 12g co2 capsule, the others would give you around 70-80 shots..

This is my beretta 92fs, (i polished my barrel) although i have wood grips for it now so need to take a new picture..

http://s208.photobucket.com/user/clu...ml?sort=3&o=12

This picture shows how accurate they can be too.. (free hand at 6 yards, 12cm target, left target 2 handed, right target 1 handed)

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...c/DSCF1178.jpg

But if you want more realism, go for a nice blowback pistol..

ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

2240, probably

Though I can see the attraction, I'd be more than a bit nervous about giving a bunch of complete novices multi-shot pistols. Just too easy to get wayward handling and negligent discharges. At least a single shot reduces the potential for a loaded gun to be accidentally waved at someone's head.

Even the best Umarex guns can have reliability issues, and in particular can be intolerant of inexperienced hands. Like jamming - and sometimes going "sproing" - when pellets aren't properly seated (are you going to load all their mags for them, and make sure they don't try to force them in the wrong way round?), or wear from the upper front receiver being repeatedly allowed to slam open unrestrained. They have complicated things like safeties/decockers, grip safety (1911A1) and the option of DA/SA, all of which may make them problematic too as a teaching proposition.

And a lot of the blowback BB guns appear to have long-term durability issues, and no parts supply when they break.

The 2240 is a good choice (as may be the Lov: never seen one). I'd suggest you want something robust and easily repaired with a foolproof and simple "manual of arms" and so it fits the bill.

The E9A/EB22/EB17 (a) are more expensive; (b) are out of production; (c) are harder to service; (d) have worse grips and sights than the 2240; (e) are fiddlier to load than a 2240. Don't get me wrong, I have one and like it, but for novices the 2240 is better, and a little cheaper.

Have you considered the Crosman 1077? It's pretty simple to use and teach, reliable, cheap, and gives rapid fire while, being a rifle, it is less likely to be accidentally swung around negligently than a pistol (and its long heavy creepy trigger is an extra safety feature). Might be an option (as might the Umarex MP5K, but it's BB and you want pellet, and I hear it may have durability issues too).

That's a well thought out post Geezer.
    I would go for the 2240.
    Maybe a CP 88 as a reward for the best shooting and handling boys/girls.

Hi our club run corporate days for our landlord and we use S&W586 by umerex they seem to go down well and as long as you have experienced marshals you shouldn't have any problems with negligent discharge or horse play.

Bill
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill View Post
    Hi our club run corporate days for our landlord and we use S&W586 by umerex they seem to go down well and as long as you have experienced marshals you shouldn't have any problems with negligent discharge or horse play.

Bill
    Agreed - the number and competence of marshals/ROs/coaches is very important. And the 586 (or Crosman 357 or similar) is about the most novice-proof of the repeaters. The others have more buttons and levers, which some people will always play with :-).