Thread: Daystate barrel band altering zero, a cautionary note

barrel is online now Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do

Daystate barrel band altering zero, a cautionary note

Recently put a wanted add on the BBS for one of these and was lucky enough to be offered one at a very good price. I fitted the barrel band which went on a treat and enhanced the look of the rifle. This said my main reason for starting this thread is to let others know that fitting one did affect the zero of the rifle, at 35 yards the pellets were a good inch higher than the original zero.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with barrel bands as I was really surprised that it made such a difference. Thanks as always guys for your experiences and input.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

My Airwolf came without a barrel band. I added one two years ago and it has improved side-to-side variations in zero. Can't recall what it did to up/down zero.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

barrel is online now Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Came across the thread below which makes for interesting reading and explains why zero issues do arise.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....te-barrel-band

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

My Airwolf came with one already fitted. I can only see how it would make the barrel more stable and resilient to potential knocks.

I don't like the look of free floating barrels - they look like like a lever style weak link at the breach end.

All of the above.

I bought a airwolf without a band and had nothing but trouble trying to get it to shoot straight, I was informed by the seller that the accuracy was appalling, Anyway after fitting the band it was spot on and made a big difference,

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    My Airwolf came with one already fitted. I can only see how it would make the barrel more stable and resilient to potential knocks.

I don't like the look of free floating barrels - they look like like a lever style weak link at the breach end.
    I'm the opposite and prefer free float. As long as a good portion of the barrel is secured at the breach end they're fine from my experience