Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there any decent Blow Back Pellet (Not BB) pistols?

Personally I like the DE. With a red dot and a sleeve aftermarket grip it shoots as well as anything. Make it all in metal? Your hernia, not mine, and I seriously doubt the blowback would work.

As for the Beretta PX4, I have that and the ASG CZp-09 and having owned and shot both, the CZ is far better overall.

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Personally I like the DE. With a red dot and a sleeve aftermarket grip it shoots as well as anything. Make it all in metal? Your hernia, not mine, and I seriously doubt the blowback would work.

As for the Beretta PX4, I have that and the ASG CZp-09 and having owned and shot both, the CZ is far better overall.
    the blowback would work fine if the slide was plastic or aluminium, but the frame metal. as for hernia, the real steel version is heavier still, but shooters still use them.

Quote Originally Posted by wilkinss77 View Post
    the blowback would work fine if the slide was plastic or aluminium, but the frame metal. as for hernia, the real steel version is heavier still, but shooters still use them.
    Bit of a moot point mate, as Umarex are highly unlikely to remake them for a very limited market-it just isn't economic for them to do so The best you can expect is for them to churn out another BB shooter at silly prices, which appears to be their current approach. The gun shoots fine as it is IMHO, is more accurate and powerful than most other pellet blowbacks. Some people like them some don't. Personally I don't get overly hung up about it not being exact to the real steel (lockback etc)- these are air pistol replicas after all and they are never going to be exact to the real thing.

In agreement with you here. We've discussed the importance of pellet choice for these guns and found Geco do a really good job in the CZ. I put a laser under the barrel of my PX4 and now i'd put them on a par EXCEPT for consumption tied with consistent power. CZ wins hands down on that score although I have found if I rest the PX4 grip first on a radiator while reloading things seem to improve. I am aware however that this may be all in my mind.

if you're going to have a couple or five pistols, you need one or the other in your collection.

Cheers
    Binker
    Mo brístí ar an tine.

Personally I like the DE. With a red dot and a sleeve aftermarket grip it shoots as well as anything.
    That is a bold claim considering the horrendous trigger
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    That is a bold claim considering the horrendous trigger
    It's a marmite gun, for sure, and the trigger is certainly not match grade, but it groups well enough. Suffice to say some people like them and some don't.

Blowback Pellet

Taking for granted that blowback is a waste of gas and you have lower fps ....the Crosman 600 , the Drulov D10 , then the Daisy 2003 , blowback aplenty , and pellet firing - 35 of them .....yes 35 pellets spitting out true semi auto fashion with a full kick .
    I have a Daisy Powerline 45 , Pellet Repeater , with 13 pellets ...for when I don't need a blowback thrill .

no it wasn't.

Yes it was, the subject here is Blowback Pellet Pistols.
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*