Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: and they all shout "why buy a gun from europe"

evenbad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    I hope it was, EB, and all apologies for the delay in responding. Perhaps you could respond to the points above?

1 point 1 Meeting will be fine without the GTA and would like you to point out why my particular air rifle is illegal as opposed to S/A air rifles ,pistols which have been sold since 1997 by GTA members e.g. , Crossman etc. and the list which I will provide for you.

2. Your post on the S/A thread you voiced your concern , opinion quote{ Some chav in a supped up nova committing a drive by shooting your words not mine unfortunately thread is locked. Also you have used a crime committed in NZ where a S/A HIGH POWERED AIR RIFLE was used but not stated all the facts as the police officer was shot with 1 single shot not multiple shots although in itself still tragic We are debating sub 12FT/LB air rifles so lets try and keep on track.
    3 BASC represent shooters of air rifles, us the buying public why wouldn't GTA invite them concerning the LEGALITY meeting that's what we should be asking ! as this affects everyone not just the GTA members. Also the HO has answered e mails from various concerned air rifle shooters under the FEO. , [ FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT{
    Mr Lassman HO replied no such meeting took place but a firearms conference was held in April which the GTA took part , so who do we believe the HO or GTA!! I will ask permission from the owner of the e mail to post as proof for all to see.

The floodgates are open from EU like it or not, do we all honestly think the GTA had a meeting solely on trying to ban The Steyr S/A in particular or try and stop people buying from the EU from pellets to air rifles etc.
    Its a case of compete or try to stop people voting with their pocket!! MY POST

Have you the slightest scrap of evidence to back any part of that up, or is that yet another of the myths grabbed from the thin air of your paranoia? YOUR POST
    PAGE 2 on this thread so hope that answers your question as you and all can see I have stated I think which is highlighted for all to see , hence my remarks to you!

4 Through out your posts on S/A thread you mentioned WE concerning GTA ! and then you inform us that some of your readers asked you about S/A and you took it upon yourself to contact HO , surely you would have known the answer off the GTA Without concerning the HO as nothing as changed per amendment 1997Home Office Circular 69/097 which says clearly that sub 12FT/LB was not meant to be caught up in this act, also Mr Lassman has issued a statement which I will ask permission to post on here reads as the following Dear Mr, .... I can confirm that S/A air rifles above 12FT/LB are illegal don't quote me word for word BUT you could read this as sub 12FTT/LB are legal don't you think but as sure as a politician in his 2 sided answer never confirms this does he mm maybe he should be taking up partnership in a certain Trade organisation don't you think !!

Last but not least your comment about BACKING OFF AS USUAL!! will treat this as the contempt it deserves really never backed off from anyone in my life as I have confronted people like you who come across like a schoolyard bully either do as your told as I know what's best!
    In all honesty we are not children to be beaten down with a big stick as them days are long gone , Air rifle shooters in general are law abiding safe shooters and can decide on what we shoot where to buy as its our choice and don't need the likes of you or your counterparts telling us any differently as [ MY WORD HERE[ WE as in air rifle shooters whatever discipline we shoot will fight people like you and certain trade organisations through BASC as its our sport not yours, you and the GTA have highlighted this issue which isn't going to go away put 1000,s of air rifle pistol owners in jeopardy and even close some of their shooting disciplines down and have further repercussions to come one can of worms has been opened for sure . One more thing which is on everyone's thinking who are you referring to by E.B as I haven't a clue what you are on about ??? oops hang on a minute ! must be my PARONIA playing up!!
    Last edited by evenbad; 30-06-2015 at 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    then why has someone not picked up on this and started to bring lots in and resell them for a SMALL profit? some of us on here could get together and send off for a few at a time saving more for bulk buy?
    Because that would then make the person who brought them in a dealer. You then have to do all the crap that the dealers have to put up with to get their license. Then you would not be allowed to post the guns because you are now a dealer and this is against the VCR act....

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Not quite on thread but I spoke to a local RFD a few years ago and he was telling me that the trade price to him from a large importer, was more than a certain large dealer was selling the same rifle to the public for.

The implication was that the dealer was sourcing direct from Europe himself.
    that would be them in hull and sgc i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by evenbad View Post
    One more thing which is on everyone's thinking who are you referring to by E.B as I haven't a clue what you are on about ??? oops hang on a minute ! must be my PARONIA playing up!!
    E.B = Evenbad.

HTH

evenbad Guest
    Got it lol thanks for the heads up

Since the start of this thread I have purchased and received something else from the EU and saved myself another 90 quid, brilliant .

Any 'new' gun purchase I make will be from an online source in the EU, not only does it make commercial sense but it also avoids the very poor customer service I've experienced in my last two purchases.

Secondhand buys will be restricted to the forums or FB, if possible these will be F2F or through the postal network. No more UK RFD's for me, they are undeserving of our custom until they raise there game...

Eu Guns

You may well think that Mr Lamppost, but I couldn't possibly comment...

Anyway this is just like the old days pre VCR when the likes of Jim Johnson, Streatham Armoury, The Mart, Then latterly Uttings etc undercut your local rfd mail order. Did RFD's close down in those days because of this? Not sure if they did.

Anyone who was a motorcyclist in the 90's will remember how the main four jap manufacturers had to substantially cut the price of official imports once the Parallel boys had started importing bikes.

Oh and for what's its worth (my opinion, so probably worthless, and referring to an earlier post on here) semi auto sub 12ftlbs air rifles should be within the law as it is written at the current time.

Anyway I feel a much larger storm brewing in this thread so I am off to put the kettle on.
    Last edited by coburn; 30-06-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Logic being that if a sport is more expensive it's a good thing?
    Have you given it any thought that maybe the UK supplier has his hands tied with VCR, VAT (20%) etc.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Have you given it any thought that maybe the UK supplier has his hands tied with VCR, VAT (20%) etc.
    Not sure how the VCR act increases cost to the suppliers/RFD's. What impact do you believe it has?

It's called evolution

Like it says in the title.

I buy from wherever I feel I get the best deal, it really is that simple. Put it another way, if I went into my local RFD and said, listen mate I have just lost my job, how about you sell me stuff at a no profit for you, just until I find my feet again? I bet I know what the answer would be, so any rfd struggling will just have to suck it up the same as anyone else making a living over here.

Having said that, I often go to a chap in Stafford who does custom rifles, mmmmm thinking about it, he sells mainly used rifles, maybe he has something there.

Oh and the idea about buying guns abroad and bringing them back doesn't mean you have to be an rfd, as long as you can prove that you owned them and then sold them as second hand (I think?)

WBD

I have/had a great rfd i buy all my shotgun kit off him yes he is a bit dearer than most but i can pop in get what i need when i need it job done , but being new to the air gun scene i went in to look at a pistol for target shooting and he wasent interested in the budget end of the market one little bit , I was straight with him and said i could buy pretty much the same pistol from the eu for way less than half the price that he had the branded one on the shelf , with that he got propper pi$$ed off and said buy it from there then and while your at it buy you shotgun stuff there to !!
    so i left my 1000 12 bore cartridges and 50 quids worth of other stuff there and wont be going back
    i can buy pretty much everything online cheaper but i cant get to FEEL it

[QUOTE=evenbad;6733394]1 point 1 Meeting will be fine without the GTA and would like you to point out why my particular air rifle is illegal as opposed to S/A air rifles ,pistols which have been sold since 1997 by GTA members e.g. , Crossman etc. and the list which I will provide for you.

OK. Your particular air rifle is illegal because the Firearms Act, and the Home Office defines it as prohibited. Not me, not GTA, the Home Office and the Firearms Act.

2. Your post on the S/A thread you voiced your concern , opinion quote{ Some chav in a supped up nova committing a drive by shooting your words not mine

That is a concern. What you said was, 'we cant be trusted to be safety conscious and not use them for criminal drive bys as you stated in your previous posts'. As you can see, I did not say this - you did.

Also you have used a crime committed in NZ where a S/A HIGH POWERED AIR RIFLE was used but not stated all the facts as the police officer was shot with 1 single shot not multiple shots although in itself still tragic We are debating sub 12FT/LB air rifles so lets try and keep on track.

You make false claims about what I have said, you make false allegations about what I have done, and you ask me to 'try to keep on track'? Dear oh dear.

3 BASC represent shooters of air rifles, us the buying public why wouldn't GTA invite them concerning the LEGALITY meeting that's what we should be asking !

BASC and GTA organise their own meetings. They are different organisations and represent different people. Besides, what's this got to do with me? I don't run GTA. Has BASC complained about not being invited to this meeting, or is it only you?

Mr Lassman HO replied no such meeting took place but a firearms conference was held in April which the GTA took part , so who do we believe the HO or GTA!!

So, it wasn't a meeting, it was a 'firearms conference'? The statement I had from the GTA, which I published on here, mentioned 'discussions' with the Home Office. The circumstances under which these discussions took place had nothing to do with me. As I've repeatedly stated, I wasn't there, and I took no part in any meetings, discussions, or anything else. That's it. What are you actually trying to say?

The floodgates are open from EU like it or not, do we all honestly think the GTA had a meeting solely on trying to ban The Steyr S/A in particular or try and stop people buying from the EU from pellets to air rifles etc.
    Its a case of compete or try to stop people voting with their pocket!!

I say again; have you the slightest evidence that the GTA met with the Home Office to ban anything, or to stop anyone buying anything from anywhere? Have you any evidence of any kind, or have you either made up these allegations or taken them from another forum, as you have previously? Yes, it's been noticed.

MY POST

Have you the slightest scrap of evidence to back any part of that up, or is that yet another of the myths grabbed from the thin air of your paranoia? YOUR POST
    PAGE 2 on this thread so hope that answers your question as you and all can see I have stated I think which is highlighted for all to see , hence my remarks to you!

What you said on page 2 answers nothing. Where is the evidence? Has the Home Office confirmed that GTA met with them to persuade them to ban SA guns, and to stop people buying anything? Is there any evidence of any of this taking place?

4 Through out your posts on S/A thread you mentioned WE concerning GTA !

No I did not. I've checked.

and then you inform us that some of your readers asked you about S/A and you took it upon yourself to contact HO ,

No I did not. You are wrong yet again. I contacted the GTA, not the Home Office.

surely you would have known the answer off the GTA Without concerning the HO as nothing as changed per amendment 1997Home Office Circular 69/097 which says clearly that sub 12FT/LB was not meant to be caught up in this act, also Mr Lassman has issued a statement which I will ask permission to post on here reads as the following Dear Mr, .... I can confirm that S/A air rifles above 12FT/LB are illegal don't quote me word for word BUT you could read this as sub 12FTT/LB are legal don't you think but as sure as a politician in his 2 sided answer never confirms this does he mm maybe he should be taking up partnership in a certain Trade organisation don't you think !!

Do you actually read what you write before posting it? I asked the GTA for confirmation of the legal status of SA. GTA consulted the Home Office. Who did anything wrong, here? Again, what are you actually saying?

Last but not least your comment about BACKING OFF AS USUAL!! will treat this as the contempt it deserves really never backed off from anyone in my life as I have confronted people like you who come across like a schoolyard bully either do as your told as I know what's best!

Again, where have I ever said anything like this? You just make up nonsense, then argue against it as if it's real. It isn't. You made it up.

In all honesty we are not children to be beaten down with a big stick as them days are long gone , Air rifle shooters in general are law abiding safe shooters and can decide on what we shoot where to buy as its our choice and don't need the likes of you or your counterparts telling us any differently

Yet again, I challenge you to show any evidence of anyone 'beating you down with a big stick'. You can't, because you just keep making things up.

as [ MY WORD HERE[ WE as in air rifle shooters whatever discipline we shoot will fight people like you and certain trade organisations through BASC as its our sport not yours, you and the GTA have highlighted this issue which isn't going to go away put 1000,s of air rifle pistol owners in jeopardy and even close some of their shooting disciplines down and have further repercussions to come one can of worms has been opened for sure .

My readers asked for legal advice, as did GTA members. That advice was sought by the GTA from the Home Office, as it should be, and as GTA are duty bound to do. The rest, about trying to get things banned and restricting sales, you and others made up. Stop running tales from idiots, EB, they're making you look as deluded as they are.

Now, get in touch and we'll sort this meeting, OK?
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    Not sure how the VCR act increases cost to the suppliers/RFD's. What impact do you believe it has?
    It doesn't increase cost but it sure as hell restricts the possible sales via delivery as opposed to collection which is what the VCR does. The VCR SHOULD apply to all UK sales regardless of origin. That would level up the playing field.
    Someone mentioned earlier about cars bought abroad not having a warranty. The warranty on any car bought within the EU is valid in any member state.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    The warranty on any car bought within the EU is valid in any member state.
    Just to correct you, you'll find that the International warranty only lasts for 1 year rather than the 3 from a UK dealer, I had to fork out £500 extra to extend the Ford warranty to 3 years when I bought one from Belgium last century.

I still managed to get about £4K off but bettered that deal in 2010 by using the internet and buying from the local dealer who matched the best price, over £6K off.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.