Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: and they all shout "why buy a gun from europe"

evenbad Guest
    my mistake pistol I meant The crosman 600 is a true SA as some of the gas from firing the first pellet is used to chamber the next pellet as far as I am AWARE but stand corrected if I am wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by evenbad View Post
    I am not a qualified air rifle technician who know every thing about every S/A air pistol or rifle
    Don't take this the wrong way, but if you want to pursue an argument on this issue you would do yourself a big favour in making sure you do understand the technicalities of how the mechanisms operate - it may save you getting egg on your face.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

my mistake pistol I meant The crosman 600 is a true SA as some of the gas from firing the first pellet is used to chamber the next pellet as far as I am AWARE but stand corrected if I am wrong!
    The pellet shuttle of the 600 places the pellet in line with the barrel - it does not chamber it - the pellet is fired from the shuttle (much as the pellet fires from the mag in the Steyr etc) - consider the shuttle to be a single shot magazine that itself is fed from an in-line magazine.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Just to correct you, you'll find that the International warranty only lasts for 1 year rather than the 3 from a UK dealer, I had to fork out £500 extra to extend the Ford warranty to 3 years when I bought one from Belgium last century.

I still managed to get about £4K off but bettered that deal in 2010 by using the internet and buying from the local dealer who matched the best price, over £6K off.

Cheers

John
    Not any more. The warranty is for the same period across the EU and don't let them tell you differently
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

evenbad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but if you want to pursue an argument on this issue you would do yourself a big favour in making sure you do understand the technicalities of how the mechanisms operate - it may save you getting egg on your face.
    Agree with you entirely if it says semi auto on the box its a semi auto and no exception should be allowed

Terry, sorry to appear thick, but in amongst all the world's supply of bold electrons used in this thread rather than the easier to follow multi-quote method, I am having trouble trying to identify your response to the Steyr LP50 semi-auto rifled barrel pistol, imported by the Steyr agent, sold freely by the trade and used for years by responsible shooters all over the UK.

Can you point out your response again? Thanks.

I asked TD about the CP88 S/A air pistol and he stated it wasn't a true S/A as the mech wasn't a TRUE S/A

Oh dear, EB, are you doing this deliberately? I said, 'I've been told by those who know much more than I do about the macro-mechanics of what actually makes a gun a true semi-auto, that the CP88 and its kind are revolvers, due to the way it loads its pellets.' That was my statement.

SO try and keep up that's why I stated my STEYR maybe not a TRUE S/A as its totally different to a normal air rifle loading system as you have mentioned as a crock of shit ,yep its a crock of shit when the GTA sell S/A air rifle , pistols then back track saying their not TRUE S/A so ask yourself who sanctioned what is a S/A ,
    GTA doesn't 'sell' anything, EB. Please stop distorting facts to suit your preferred verdict.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Agree with you entirely if it says semi auto on the box its a semi auto and no exception should be allowed
    Or to put it another way anything that is a manually operated repeating action should not be termed semi-auto just because it outwardly looks like a self loading firearm.

Only those guns that re-cock themselves and present the next round for firing during part of a shot cycle should truly be called semi-auto's.

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    Terry, sorry to appear thick, but in amongst all the world's supply of bold electrons used in this thread rather than the easier to follow multi-quote method, I am having trouble trying to identify your response to the Steyr LP50 semi-auto rifled barrel pistol, imported by the Steyr agent, sold freely by the trade and used for years by responsible shooters all over the UK.

Can you point out your response again? Thanks.
    Apologies, Rog. I'm a tad busy right now and deciphering EB's posts is a little taxing at times.
    Reply below.

'GTA and the Home Office, and others, are working to clarify the situation, as far as I'm aware. I am not privy to the process by which this is being done, but I am confident that a working solution will be reached in time by those most qualified to do so. Just for the record ... that doesn't include me, OK?'

How did this thread end up a SA thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stu83 View Post
    How did this thread end up a SA thread
    A, people are buying them from Europe
    B, the other thread is locked

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Apologies, Rog. I'm a tad busy right now and deciphering EB's posts is a little taxing at times.
    Reply below.

'GTA and the Home Office, and others, are working to clarify the situation, as far as I'm aware. I am not privy to the process by which this is being done, but I am confident that a working solution will be reached in time by those most qualified to do so. Just for the record ... that doesn't include me, OK?'
    OK thanks for that, so we could say that the legality of the LP50 SA pistol is being decided but the legality of the Steyr SA rifle is most definitely illegal? (going by the posts I can decipher)
    Is that a correct summary?

evenbad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Reply below.

Its not taxing at times at all just answer the points I have raised , as you can see others are awaiting your reply. Its you who get personal not me as we will never agree by the looks of things, so lets try and be civil and reply to the questions or points raise in my previous post.
    this is a valid point which would be nice if you are not sure and again I ask you to contact THE GTA as you have previously on many occasions regarding S/A issue
    OK thanks for that, so we could say that the legality of the LP50 SA pistol is being decided but the legality of the Steyr SA rifle is most definitely illegal? (going by the posts I can decipher)
    ROGb POST

I see the thread has disappeared with all the Euro shop links What on earth is going on on the BBS at the moment....

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    That's my take on it as things stand, Rog, although, as I keep saying, I'm not the expert on these matters and all further clarification on this issue is welcome.