Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: and they all shout "why buy a gun from europe"

Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    No, no evidence Terry but the way this whole affair has been conducted, just a strong suspicion. 'Evidence' seems to be sadly lacking from anyone.
    How has it been conducted, then Mog?

GTA needs to correctly advise its members, and consults the Home Office. The usual suspects make all sorts of unsupported claims about GTA, AMTA, and me. You now have a 'strong suspicion'. What do you strongly suspect?
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by evenbad View Post
    Hang on a minute TD. I have no agenda as such unlike GTA they protect their members , you advise or better word would be offer constructive criticism on various air rifle, products etc as its your chosen profession, I have never started to make untoward personal remarks apart from where you use certain phrases which I have given an example to one of your admins which he expresses his personal view of me and I replied accordingly!
    EB - I was replying to Maz, not you. OK?

evenbad Guest
    Either admins open the S/A thread or lets start a new one this would stop AS I have been accused by PUNCHSTEVE hijacking threads! and would quash his remark without being offensive to anyone, of course this is just a suggestion not a demand just incase it is taken out of context by anyone who so wishes to do so.

evenbad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    EB - I was replying to Maz, not you. OK?
    Reply to me for a change would be nice ! OK?

So, exactly what has the 'industry' or the GTA done wrong, here? Please stick to the facts, not your supposition and conjecture, and let's see the charges.
    i`ll give you a few undeniable facts on how we are poorly treated
    fact
    guns are leaving factories with the power all over the place due to poor quality control
    fact
    even though no one from the home office has ever backed it up, the GTA and AMTA insist a/t had to be fitted
    (why only the UK, we are not the only market with power restrictions)
    fact
    if (as in the case with every new gun i`ve bought) its way under power for whats marketed as a full power hunting gun its miss-sold, and hiding behind a so called running/bedding in period does not account for them (in my case) being between 40-50% under
    fact
    if its over, its the poor punter who gets done, no defence as its an absolute offence, criminal record, possible ban from further airgun ownership, and the manufacturer/seller is totally in the clear, this situation is wrong

You are either looking for a ban or just lacking in politeness, either way you're going too far.
    In short. His actions on here are applauded elsewhere, along with his merry bunch of henchmen. Not my personal choice as a representative of the sport. He could also do with a lesson or two in English. I have dyspraxia but at least I try to use spell check now and again. I fail completely to understand why he can't see that the facts he quotes are his interpretations of someone else's interpretations.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by shauny View Post
    im sorry i started this thread now, its getting a bit drawn out
    Yeh, it's all your fault! There's always one bloke who has the throw a grenade in!

LOL, sorry mate I couldn't help myself!

evenbad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    In short. His actions on here are applauded elsewhere, along with his merry bunch of henchmen. Not my personal choice as a representative of the sport. He could also do with a lesson or two in English. I have dyspraxia but at least I try to use spell check now and again. I fail completely to understand why he can't see that the facts he quotes are his interpretations of someone else's interpretations.
    Your dyspraxia as got the better of me and haven't a clue if this is directed at me , as for spelling English is not my first language of choice so spelling is not my strong point probably a bit like you, Totally ignore this post if it was not concerning me but if it was good for you for having a go .Dyspraxia is a very disabling condition and rather than edit or remove my remark which is flippant to say the least I will apologise , but again if you make remarks please be aware that you may get some back at you so to speak!
    Last edited by evenbad; 01-07-2015 at 04:40 PM. Reason: hate making light of someones disability , could kick myself for not being more tolerant and understanding

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    How has it been conducted, then Mog?

With claims and counter claims, without, as you say 'strong evidence' Let the Home Office come out with a statement on the subject in a press release, rather than an email to selected recipients

GTA needs to correctly advise its members, and consults the Home Office. The usual suspects make all sorts of unsupported claims about GTA, AMTA, and me. You now have a 'strong suspicion'. What do you strongly suspect?

That the GTA raised the subject to try and stop the import of SA rifles more than worries about what their members are selling, but there again, me, I'm cynical, and it's only a suspicion, no evidence.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Evenbad

I'd remain very civil if I was you otherwise you can join your string pullers on the other forums

Call it a threat,promise whatever your starting to act like a troll and I so enjoy stamping on them
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

What 'very flaky press release' was this? Please explain.
    OK with that I give up. You are clearly either not following what I have said, or have some other agenda, so I'm not going to bother repeating it for a third time. But if you want you can read my earlier posts.

Quote Originally Posted by neil82 View Post
    i`ll give you a few undeniable facts on how we are poorly treated
    fact
    guns are leaving factories with the power all over the place due to poor quality control
    fact

Are they? Then complain to those factories and demand good quality control. It's your right.

even though no one from the home office has ever backed it up, the GTA and AMTA insist a/t had to be fitted

Wrong. They say it was necessary, and it was. PM me a contact number and I'll explain why.

if (as in the case with every new gun i`ve bought) its way under power for whats marketed as a full power hunting gun its miss-sold, and hiding behind a so called running/bedding in period does not account for them (in my case) being between 40-50% under

I've not heard from readers or BBS members about guns being 40-50% under-powered, but again, if every new gun you've bought is like this, there's obviously a problem somewhere. Again, I'd be contacting the manufacturer, because if this really was typical throughout the industry, I'd be inundated with complaints about it.

fact
    if its over, its the poor punter who gets done, no defence as its an absolute offence, criminal record, possible ban from further airgun ownership, and the manufacturer/seller is totally in the clear, this situation is wrong
    Again, give me a contact number and I'll explain to you how this works in the real world. I think it will interest you.

Quote Originally Posted by banksy! View Post
    OK with that I give up. You are clearly either not following what I have said, or have some other agenda, so I'm not going to bother repeating it for a third time. But if you want you can read my earlier posts.
    Don't give up, and please don't keep accusing me of things. I'm trying to follow several threads at once and I'm working, too, and I don't know what this 'flaky press release' is. Now, you point it out, and I'll answer your point.

That the GTA raised the subject to try and stop the import of SA rifles more than worries about what their members are selling, but there again, me, I'm cynical, and it's only a suspicion, no evidence.
    I respect your honesty, Mog, but there's a very basic reason why there's no evidence to support your suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    Evenbad

I'd remain very civil if I was you otherwise you can join your string pullers on the other forums

Call it a threat,promise whatever your starting to act like a troll and I so enjoy stamping on them
    I've really tried to take a lateral view of this issue without taking sides, however I do think Evanbad has remained civil but to the point, as has Terry, they have differing views but that's what forums are about. I can't see any evidence of trolling, forgive me if I'm wrong.

I have said it already and I'll say it again (see my previous post today) we need clarification on this issue and then we can perhaps get on with other airguns matters.

I have my own view on SA which I don't think it's fair to introduce at this time as I don't think it'd help matters.